LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
thinking of painting the cieling in the van or simply overboarding it ?I washed it last year but it has dried worse than when I started ::bigsmile: so SWMBO says it needs paint :Eeek:Thinking of removing the roof vent and plastic jointing strips brfore painting but now toying with a simple overboard job-probably quicker than the painting -- I HAVE PLENTY OF WEIGHT ALLOWANCE SO i WOULD NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE OLD BOARDS JUST CUT NEW INBETWEEN CUPBOARDS (bloody caps) any thoughts? Got plenty of emulsion:thumb:but boards would prob need a trip to olearys which is no bad thing ::bigsmile:
Thoughts are paint and if no good then overboard :winky:
terry

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I would have thought painting it would be the easiest too .
Couldn't you use that vinyl sticky back plastic stuff, like a wallpaper ? If its a smooth surface.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
terry saw some boards in knollbeck caravans last week .give them a phone call could be cheep :Smile: for none yorkies just down road from terry save a bob or two travelling to o,learys :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Desent roller and some of the Plastic based "Matt" emulsion.. (I think on the tin it say`s Flexible)

And suitable for bathrooms & Kitchens...

If it dont come up OK.... Overboard it... :thumb:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Just pondering your post & wondered if you have considered UPVC interior cladding. I went down to Wickes the other day & was seriously impressed with their Ash effect wide T&G stuff. Its very light, wipeable & doesn't cost a fortune & a doddle for a Guy like you to fit (Joiner) with hidden fixings.
Just a thought & there are other types but this had a realistic grained effect & looked the business

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What about:

Vinyl flooring - not as daft as it may sound - it's waterproof so can be sponged clean if needed, could be stuck with spray adhesive/brush on adhesive as necessary, easily trimmed to size/shape, easier to handle than boarding (and cheaper) and comes in a load of different colours, patterns textures, it would also add a little bit more insulation to the roof too if.

Self-adhesive floor tiles - again easy to use and lots of choice.

Wallpaper - lots to choose from.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just pondering your post & wondered if you have considered UPVC interior cladding. I went down to Wickes the other day & was seriously impressed with their Ash effect wide T&G stuff. Its very light, wipeable & doesn't cost a fortune & a doddle for a Guy like you to fit (Joiner) with hidden fixings.
Just a thought & there are other types but this had a realistic grained effect & looked the business

I did around 25 yrs with my own business in pvc windows so I am very up on all forms of cladding, some lovly stuff around :winky: but to me it smacks of DIY finish ::bigsmile: Thats what led me to the paint or not question- not entirly sure if it will be ok finish wise
Terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Have you considered a nice bit of...........
Link Removed:winky:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:

I have considered some really nice black with gold specled cladding but somehow I don't think Ann would let me
terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Right it's painted :thumb:::bigsmile:Took about twenty mins to remove heiki rooflight,shower curtain and the jointing strips :Smile: (ANYONE REMOVING STRIPS BE VERY CAREFUL-did not come out as easy as I antisipated)Then five mins with dust sheets,and about 25/35 mins to give it a lick of paint -used a paint pad which was very easy but as paint was drying you could make out brush type marks .::bigsmile:Hung around for another 3 hrs or so before another coat which was fine for the edges but then I went stright over it all with a small roller giving a better looking finish :thumb:Then hung around again until I just gave it a final (I hope )coat and locked it up while morning.:Smile:If alls well with the finish (looking good:thumb:) it's just a case of ten mins to refit the curtian rail roof light and strips.
I am convinced I could have overboarded it in a couple of hours possibly 3 hrs allowing for coffee breaks :Eeek:::bigsmile:I went down to Knolbecks but he was shut until 1 pm :Eeek: plus the phone has been engaged from 2 pm until 4.30 by which time I gave up trying to ring them Barstewards :Angry:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
All done and put back together.You cannot tell the difference apart from roof being cleaner looking :thumb:Just for info I used Crown vynil silk emulsion -WHITE MIXED WITH = MAGNOLIA that gave me the perfect match to the original colour boards :thumb: which was a lot different to how they aged ::bigsmile:The orig colour was easy to see and match once the roof light was taken down :Smile:It took 3 coats for the finish using (in the end) a small roller.I have liad on the seats looking up and I am glad to say the boarding looks as good as the day I originaly fitted them.The only painful bit is waiting for the paint to dry which takes a long time because it is painted onto the vynil boards
terry

Last edited:

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
I have a copy

I have a picture of the Sistine chapel somewhere all you have to do is make sure you get the fingers right!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back