Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
I've gathered that the Waeco system is one of the best, but has anyone got experience of the lower end (cheaper!) systems they could recommend?

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Yep bought a cheap wirless one off ebay well impressed I dont suffer interferance at all

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You need to decide what you want from it first - if you want to see clearly, whenever you wish, then a budget may not be suitable. These can be effected not only by night/headlights but also low sun etc which can blind a budget camera. They can also come with a poor quality picture compared with others.

I have fitted a budget type to a horse box after removing the Waeco system, and they reported it was much better - budget ones don't come with much guarantee though - but you pay your money and make your choice. Like everything in life, quality is reflected in price....there is one camera from one of our suppliers that retails at £2,300!!! Just the camera. :Eeek: It is laser apparently....i would want it to shoot anything behind me for that money!

There is no reason why a budget system will not perform very well for what you need, just be sure that you know what you want from it to avoid disappointment as they do vary wildly! I have seen some budgets as above that performed well, and others where the camera packed up after a few weeks.

If you want to pay a little and just try it out, and take the risk, I think ebay or maplins may be the place to look.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We got one off Ebay, from China, year before last. Cost £47, p&p free. 7" screen. Works perfectly night & day. Seen the identical one for sale at £179 in UK - exactly same make & model.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
We got one off Ebay, from China, year before last. Cost £47, p&p free. 7" screen. Works perfectly night & day. Seen the identical one for sale at £179 in UK - exactly same make & model.

You can't say all that and not put a linky in:Cool:

Ps. Please:winky:

Last edited:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
I'll have a hunt through the archives!! :Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Link Removed

im waiting on delivery of this 1 when its ben fitted i will post a report on it if this helps you

OP
OP
163phil

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Thank you everyone for all the useful information.:thumb:

I'm not after super duper hi def. picture quality, just something that allows me to keep an eye on the load and, of course, what's behind me whilst reversing.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
mine will be fitted so i can also use when travelling to see whats behind me i have 1 now that comes on whjen reserve gear is selected but would rather have more control on the gadget

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Just one thing to remember and has been previously mentioned look at a higher camera looking down, I started with one on the number plate mounted ones and whilst a resonable picture suffered with glare

OP
OP
163phil

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I think I'll be settling for this one - Link Removed

Not the cheapest at about £100, but CCD (not CMOS) and waterproof to IP67, so probably a good compromise:thumb:

Jan 19, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2010
Just a word of caution ...... :winky:
The 'effort' of installation to make a quality visually acceptable installation IMHO outweighs the cost of the product ..... If your going to take a lot of trouble & hours to install it, just make sure that you are going to be happy with the end result. (i hope that makes sense ?)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back