Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've just come off the phone from Harald at Purewateronline and he has said that if you identify yourselves as Funsters at Peterborough Show then he can offer a good funster discount on any new equipment. (There is no discount on replacement filter cartridges which he already has at a low show price)

I have had one of these filters fitted for the last ten years. No more carrying water from the supermarket, no more worrying about idiots washing toilet cassettes at the fresh water tap (as we saw at Chester recently) If you have the filter fitted, then you drink pure water from your tap every time, no matter what bugs might lurk at the site tap or in your tank. They really are a good bit of kit and comes highly recommended from me and other funsters:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
But where do you brush your teeth !

depends where we are, if I'm pretty sure about the provenance of the water in our tank, I'll use it normally. When we are not sure, teeth brushing and salad washing is only done through water from the filter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
One quick question Jim - how do you know when the filter cartridge needs changing?

We asked this question when we purchased our Nature Pure Filter.
We were told that we would notice a reduction in the flow rate from the tap.

Brisey.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
A great piece of kit and I would love one but, £96 for replacement filters :Eeek:.....

...... I think I will stick with using my current food taster ...... nothing has killed her yet :winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
One quick question Jim - how do you know when the filter cartridge needs changing?

as Brisely said.. :thumb:

it is purely a mechanical filter, no active components

in use the flow gradually decreases to the point where it becomes a trickle .. .. time to change..

the average user will get a couple of years use.. maybe more.. our's lasted about a year when we were full time.

being a tight git, I once tried to back-flush but had little success ..

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A great piece of kit and I would love one but, £96 for replacement filters :Eeek:.....

...... I think I will stick with using my current food taster ...... nothing has killed her yet :winky:

I think filters are around £50, we get about 18 month use from that:thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I think filters are around £50, we get about 18 month use from that:thumb:
Jim, the replacement filters were around £50 but there web site now shows them at £96 and they look like ones I buy for home at under £20. I accept they may be different inside.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim, the replacement filters were around £50 but there web site now shows them at £96 and they look like ones I buy for home at under £20. I accept they may be different inside.

He always sells them cheaper at the shows, £50 the last time I bought them. I doubt the cheaper ones are the same. Not many filters can make the claims that theirs does. I think they supply most of the worlds airlines with pure water and quite a few ships.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
He always sells them cheaper at the shows, £50 the last time I bought them. I doubt the cheaper ones are the same. Not many filters can make the claims that theirs does. I think they supply most of the worlds airlines with pure water and quite a few ships.

I know they are good & I will have another look at Peterborough to see what they are offering but there are limits.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I've just ordered one of the discontinued models, so will wait for it to arrive. Anything to stop having to fill and lug great big plastic containers.

Another question while I think on..... Does the unit have to be mounted vertically, i.e., with the cartridge below the unit? If they can be oriented any which way, that would hopefully solve some fitting problems.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I've just ordered one of the discontinued models, so will wait for it to arrive. Anything to stop having to fill and lug great big plastic containers.

Another question while I think on..... Does the unit have to be mounted vertically, i.e., with the cartridge below the unit? If they can be oriented any which way, that would hopefully solve some fitting problems.

Has your supplier given any guarantee on how long replacement filters will be available for the discontinued model?

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Brian, I recommend that you buy one and have it fitted in our van. I can then test it thoroughly and let you have a report on whether you should get one.

Thanks Graham that's a great idea .... you are far too generous :RollEyes:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
OK ..... so I succumbed at Peterboro' and bought the later type from Harald and have to say he is a great guy.

I needed an extended feeder tube in my m/h which he didn't have at the show, however one was in the post to me by first class mail on the Monday F.O.C ..... Many thanks Harald if you read this.

The new type filters although rather pricey, do have a longer life than the older variety and are even easier to fit :thumb:.

Graham (GJH), I'm sorry but I had to give yours to someone else as you were too far away.:winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Has your supplier given any guarantee on how long replacement filters will be available for the discontinued model?

Right up your ally this question really ( or at least the answer is :thumb: )

under eu regulation a company must supply any parts that are a service item on ANY product for a minimum of 10 years
Sooo.. If it went obsolete this year ( for instance ) the filters must be available until at least 2023

That is of course unless the manufacturer goes to the wall......... and if that happens it would not matter if your unit was a 'current' model or not ! :Sad::winky:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Right up your ally this question really ( or at least the answer is :thumb: )

under eu regulation a company must supply any parts that are a service item on ANY product for a minimum of 10 years
Sooo.. If it went obsolete this year ( for instance ) the filters must be available until at least 2023

That is of course unless the manufacturer goes to the wall......... and if that happens it would not matter if your unit was a 'current' model or not ! :Sad::winky:

Cheers for that John, probably outlast me then.

It is of course an American thing ..... so is the USA in the EU?:winky:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
do these filter have a time limit on them there was some research done on filters for taps in the plumbing pess a while back and it showed more bugs in filtered water than tap i seem to recall they recomended no more than 6 months between changes

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers for that John, probably outlast me then.

It is of course an American thing ..... so is the USA in the EU?:winky:

If it was bought within the EU then the manufacturer must conform ( As a by the by, if you buy something from a dealer your contract is with that dealer and ulitmately it is HE who must abide by the rules.
It gets complex but IF the dealer is still in business and cannot supply replacement parts then he must supply sufficient parts to make the item work to at least an equal efficiency as the item worked before the service part was required

Of course, having said all that, by the time you have taken legal action and it has all got in to silly's, you might just as well have scrapped the old and bought a new unit ( and it is just this which dealers of old stuff often rely on .. the 'canna be bothered to fight attitude' folk in the UK have always suffered from )

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
do these filter have a time limit on them there was some research done on filters for taps in the plumbing pess a while back and it showed more bugs in filtered water than tap i seem to recall they recomended no more than 6 months between changes

The latest filter is supposed to last for 3000 litres or two years if sooner.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back