Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Slept for the first time in the van last night. Had son and daughter with their respective wife and husband staying the weekend so thought it was time for me to try the van. Got back from a meal and a few drinks and took a quilt etc. out to van. Should have done this before the few drinks!!! Nevertheless, managed to make up the bed. Next, I called my dogs to come and join me. Wilf ran out but when he saw he was going to the motorhome he ran back in again. Jess looked out and turned round. Both headed for their beds in the house! After a little more persuasion I got them both in the van. Was pleased how quickly they settled down. By the time I climbed into bed I was ready for sleep. Got to admit it was very comfortable. Woke up around 4am and learned how to flush the loo, after several attempts. Woke up again around 5.30 to hear the patter of rain on the roof and the morning chorus.

After this, I can't wait to do it again! Just hope my dogs become more enthusiastic!

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Can't wait for the post when you get off on your first trip ::bigsmile:

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
problems getting them in the van:Doh:

wait till the first trip, you won't keep them out.

we only have to unlock the van and the girls are jumping around expecting a trip, if they're on the drive and then van is opened, in they get.

first trip to come, they will enjoy it::bigsmile:

Cheers
2dogs

clougha7

Free Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Pescara
Exp
first night in our ( new to us ) motorhome

Went up to Keswick yesterday to the CCC site on the side of Derwent Water . Set off in lovely weather , how that changed as the day went on / during the night ! Took about one hour to get there so quite handy .
- Directed by Warden to a pitch on "millioanaires row" -what ? in our P reg .
Impresssions - our lovely P reg Roadstar is not keen on hills - starts to run out of breath, its more comfortable to drive / ride in than we thought - doesnt like being overtaken by artics BUT will cruise @ 55/60 mph on the flat.........
Sleeping (across the van) very comfy - I am 6 feet 4 inches and eighteen stone so need ROOM hence we bought this rather than a VW conversion.
Excellent cooker - we had M & S chicken tikka (out of a tin ) with rice and trifle - not bad for the middle of a field near a lake . Guy on the site told me to put the steadies down - as the night went on we could see why ...........
Goods night sleep had by both, despite the wind / rain, when we woke up we realised that the signs "site liable to fllooding " were very apt - despite this, lovely place , very handy for Town , must be gorgeous on a Summers evening
So all in all went very well , some jobs to do as we go on , BUT cant wait for York in 2 weeks time ::bigsmile:

James & Jane

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Hi Rogeterry, Welcome .in a short period every time you mention VAN the dogs ears will prick up and they will be sat at the door .lol. We only mime VAN in our house or else they will sit at the door all day. Have a great time and enjoy.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Went up to Keswick yesterday to the CCC site on the side of Derwent Water . Set off in lovely weather , how that changed as the day went on / during the night ! Took about one hour to get there so quite handy .
- Directed by Warden to a pitch on "millioanaires row" -what ? in our P reg .
Impresssions - our lovely P reg Roadstar is not keen on hills - starts to run out of breath, its more comfortable to drive / ride in than we thought - doesnt like being overtaken by artics BUT will cruise @ 55/60 mph on the flat.........
Sleeping (across the van) very comfy - I am 6 feet 4 inches and eighteen stone so need ROOM hence we bought this rather than a VW conversion.
Excellent cooker - we had M & S chicken tikka (out of a tin ) with rice and trifle - not bad for the middle of a field near a lake . Guy on the site told me to put the steadies down - as the night went on we could see why ...........
Goods night sleep had by both, despite the wind / rain, when we woke up we realised that the signs "site liable to fllooding " were very apt - despite this, lovely place , very handy for Town , must be gorgeous on a Summers evening
So all in all went very well , some jobs to do as we go on , BUT cant wait for York in 2 weeks time ::bigsmile:

James & Jane

Really good site that one great walks within easy reach, reminds me of one of our favourite meals when we started off, Tin of Lydll Chilli boil in the bag rice bottle of red wine, looking over the lake, perfect. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
When we got our van there was a bit of a mix up re the storage location, and as the insurance people had been very clear that it was not covered overnight at our address, I parked it at my Dad's, on the drive! Two nights followed... bearing in mind it was February and I had no hook-up cable and no gas, it was a bit chilly!! No problem if I was under the quilt as very toasty, but I think I had an icicle on my nose in the morning!

Since then I did Newark so I've qualified for my 'Scott of the Antarctic' badge! :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back