Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi everyone,my husband and i have decided to sell our house to my son and go full timing,this hopefully will happen at the end of this year.We made this decision after my mum got cancer and died within 9 mths and she had never been ill.We both will carry on working ,but after 20 yrs of working nights,my husband is very much looking forward to working days.Any tips would be grateful.

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
Good morning early bird! That's a very brave decision you've made & I'm sure it'll be the best thing you've ever done. We're only here for a short time and have to make the most of it while we can.

We can't give you any tips as we're newbies ourselves, but I can say :welcomefunster::Smile:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to motorhome fun

I also cant help with the full time.

But you will soon get some very good answers.

Enjoy it

:welcomefunster:

Mel & Lieve

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
If it was us, we'd suggest never stepping off the housing ladder. Rent the house to your son or whoever. If and when the time arrives when you're ill or infirm, living in a van is not quite so rosy as it seemed when you took the plunge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
If it was us, we'd suggest never stepping off the housing ladder. Rent the house to your son or whoever. If and when the time arrives when you're ill or infirm, living in a van is not quite so rosy as it seemed when you took the plunge.

This seams like good advice to me.
+ your money is inflation protected upto a point.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
:welcomefunster: to the mad house
there are fulltimers on here so they will answer all your questions i reckon :Smile:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We full time and have done for 5 years, we were going to buy in the early days but house prices were falling so decided to wait, a have a little nest egg but up toll now haven't used it to live, living of pensions.
It's cheaper to live in the van and we don't buy furniture and stuff not have to diy and decorate or look after the garden while we are away.
I know we haven't got a house to raise in value, nor have a got a house that has decreased in value, we are ski.ers.
And intend to be so in the future before one of us becomes ill or infirm..
We have enough to buy something small or a caravan if one of us do.
WE are not worrying about leaving the kids something, I.was never left anything and I am ok.
They would prefer we enjoy our remaining years instead of looking at the same for walls for the time a have left.which could be long or short, who knows?

OP
OP
H

Honeygale

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
i'm a newbie
Just a follow up to my post.We are selling our house to our son as it's very hard to get on the property ladder and we will have some money left over for our retirement and as we will still be working,we can carry on saving,plus if we were taken ill,we have plenty of options. Thankyou all for your warm welcome.

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Hi there

Hi Carole

I'm a new member myself but I echo what you and others are saying, life is way to short to regret being brave. Condolences re your mum, I lost my mum when I was just 14 and such experiences do put all manner of things into perspective. Dad stilll going reasonably strong for 86 god love him ::bigsmile:

We dont actually have full timing experience yet but my fella is soon to sell his house and buy an RV to live and work from fulltime so he'll soon be an actively learning expert :thumb:

Here's to us all xx

Sharon

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
It's cheaper to live in the van and we don't buy furniture and stuff not have to diy and decorate or look after the garden while we are away.
I know we haven't got a house to raise in value, nor have a got a house that has decreased in value.
WE are not worrying about leaving the kids something, I.was never left anything and I am ok.
They would prefer we enjoy our remaining years instead of looking at the same for walls for the time a have left.which could be long or short, who knows?

Wise words, just what I've been saying to my fella the past few weeks :thumb:

Sharon

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Carole, welcome to motorhome fun, good luck with your plans for the future, so much on the net for you to research, one of the hard things for me would be selling up everything, but with your son having the house not to many worried there.

Just keep asking the questions good luck and enjoy :welcomefunster:
Oh just one thing the £10 subscription for Motorhome Fun would probably be one of the best investments you will make. :Smile:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
HI good luck
I have full timed for the past year and a half

it is good fun remember every thing can be a compromise when living in a motor home
you do not say what kind you are going to live in
I have an American RV full size bed and all the yank toys

i did try in a Eurobox but night time/ morning bed upheaval got to be a pain

once you settle in to it you will be Ok

enjoy and good luck
Ian

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Yippppeeeeeeeee

:Smile: hi from one Newbie to another!!! Loving this site, loving the motorhome life and loving the new friends I'm making too xx :thumb:

:welcomefunster: and :thanks:

Life is all about taking risks, loving lots, sleeping well and owning a motorhome too :hug:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back