Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
a question guys and dolls.whos the better driver a truck driver a coach driver a bus driver :Smile:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Screw driver.

Most commercial drivers seem to have forgotten any training they might have had. They come over as ignorant, loutish and downright murderous.

The good ones really stand out.......same as good motor cyclists.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Old fashioned British 'Lorry Driver'

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I think the chaps that drive the dustcarts are excellent ,its when they stop they cause the problems .LOL.:RollEyes:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Tiger Woods is a good driver:(golf)(car)Laughing::roflmto:

Unless his ex wife is behind him.::bigsmile:

They are back together now::bigsmile:

OP
OP
S

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
driving

icantremember-- not biased i have both licences but if uve got it a truck brought it:winky:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Any one trained by the British Army from scratch:thumb:

Havn't a clue how "they" do it But if trained by them, you can get into ANY Vehicle, and within a couple of minutes you have the width, height, and length in your sub consience, and are ready to bust arse!:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Depends what they are driving I guess.

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
This one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 15

Deleted User

Havn't a clue how "they" do it But if trained by them, you can get into ANY Vehicle, and within a couple of minutes you have the width, height, and length in your sub consience, and are ready to bust arse!:thumb:

Good drivers but need flags, despatch riders and convoys to find anywhere :winky::winky:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Good drivers but need flags, despatch riders and convoys to find anywhere :winky::winky:

Where else in the civilised world can you see 17, 18 year old, of both sexes driving, and driving well, well versed with the "needs" of their Vehicle, anything from a 3 ton GS Cargo to a tank transporter.

The "flags" , green, the first vehicle in the convoy, Blue, the last Vehicle in the Convo,y are [HI]HI] a NATO requirement, same with Despatch Riders, also a NATO requirement To let the general public know, because:[/HI]
[/HI]
From memory, something in the German Law? (EU Law??), NATO convoys have right of way over ALL other Traffic,it might be the same in other Benilux countries?
To find their way? each driver is issued with a "ROUTE CARD" This tells them every twist and turn, Xroads , T s, Landmarks, etc etc.

Certainly more qualified than any white van man . That's why they are in so much demand on demob.

Last edited:

Deleted User
Where else in the civilised world can you see 17, 18 year old, of both sexes driving, and driving well, well versed with the "needs" of their Vehicle, anything from a 3 ton GS Cargo to a tank transporter.

The "flags" , green, the first vehicle in the convoy, Blue, the last Vehicle in the Convo,y are [HI]HI] a NATO requirement, same with Despatch Riders, also a NATO requirement To let the general public know, because:[/HI]
[/HI]
From memory, something in the German Law? (EU Law??), NATO convoys have right of way over ALL other Traffic,it might be the same in other Benilux countries?
[HI]To find their way? each driver is issued with a "ROUTE CARD" This tells them every twist and turn, Xroads , T s, Landmarks, etc etc.[/HI]

Certainly more qualified than any white van man . That's why they are in so much demand on demob.

Not disputing the quality but most of us don't get route cards and white van man doesn't count as a prfessional driver in any sense.

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.

Havn't a clue how "they" do it But if trained by them, you can get into [HI]ANY Vehicle, and within a couple of minutes you have the width, height, and length[/HI] in your sub consience, and are ready to bust arse!:thumb:

My Brother-in-Law was trained by the Army. He moved my artic while I was getting my lines signed and nearly brought down the side of a building. He had no idea of length and I had to explain why I was carrying an unauthorised passenger.:Angry::Angry:

Incidently, I passed my Army test in 1962.
I also went through the British Railways driving school at Watford, now that training was thorough.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back