European Breakdown cover (again) (1 Viewer)

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
In the process of shopping around for cover for our trip (7 weeks Spain/Portugal) Our MH is 1997 and finding quite a few wont cover veh of this age (allthough it is merc sprinter with just 40 odd thousand on the clock) Had what seems a very cheap quote from this company www.2getherinsurance.com based in wisbech. cover is for: home start,relay,onward destination,uk and europe,repatriation cover,6 cll outs per annum,caravan and trailer cover. total cost £59.95. Has anybody heard of them?

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
2gether are a fairly well known company.I used to insure my trooper through them and they were very helpful until I tried to leave and go elsewhere, whereby they became very unhelpful and aggressive with me. Glad I never had to claim.

You can try 'the rescue service' who do euro cover for £75. had a quick look at mine, and it hasn't mentioned age restrictions, though many do restrict.

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
hdvrod

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
thanks for that have sent then an email:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
I live near Wisbech and think I know their office. Little shop like affair. If I am right they are brokers so will place your business with a range of insurers. As per the last post here, if they don't give all round good service I would stay away!

OP
OP
hdvrod

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
2gether are a fairly well known company.I used to insure my trooper through them and they were very helpful until I tried to leave and go elsewhere, whereby they became very unhelpful and aggressive with me. Glad I never had to claim.

You can try 'the rescue service' who do euro cover for £75. had a quick look at mine, and it hasn't mentioned age restrictions, though many do restrict.

Broken Link Removed
Just a follow up,contacted these and there is a age restriction.

francour

Free Member
Mar 13, 2012
Pontefract
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
breakdown cover

Hi
why not contacte your insurance provider they all do breakdown cover:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have RAC cover as an 'extra' on my Comfort insurance. I think it was around £50 extra. We used them once in France and they were brilliant. :thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I have RAC cover as an 'extra' on my Comfort insurance. I think it was around £50 extra. We used them once in France and they were brilliant. :thumb:

I have the same...........though touch wood I have never had to use it.
No weight restrictions for rescues in Europe.........a lot of them are restricted to a max of 3.5 .Check this detail out if it applies to your van.

barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back