Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Had our new British van for about 3 weeks now and I have to say the comparison with the old one is very favourable, in fact more favourable than I had dared hope for.

Everything seems to work, no bits have fallen off, it's been rained on , snowed on and lived in for the last 2 weeks. The controls are clear, the heating is better, the lounge space is great, the engine is more fuel efficient, the cookers better, and it's got a solar panel,

Add in a very good dealer ( Johns Cross) and we are very happy bunnies.

GB-1, Germany -0

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Indeed you can expect no less from that dealer, wish there were more with their kind of care. :Smile:

Keith

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
So you coming skiing next year then:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ill give you a list of jobs to complete before you can go:winky:

No seriously, Nikki and I were sat in the MH last weekend saying how much we love our Brittish MH and how glad we are to of decided to keep it and use the money we would of spent on changing it to work less and go away more. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
So you coming skiing next year then:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ill give you a list of jobs to complete before you can go:winky:

No seriously, Nikki and I were sat in the MH last weekend saying how much we love our Brittish MH and how glad we are to of decided to keep it and use the money we would of spent on changing it to work less and go away more. :thumb:

that's the way to do it:Cool:

i wish I could:cry:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Had our new British van for about 3 weeks now and I have to say the comparison with the old one is very favourable, in fact more favourable than I had dared hope for.

Everything seems to work, no bits have fallen off, it's been rained on , snowed on and lived in for the last 2 weeks. The controls are clear, the heating is better, the lounge space is great, the engine is more fuel efficient, the cookers better, and it's got a solar panel,

Add in a very good dealer ( Johns Cross) and we are very happy bunnies.

GB-1, Germany -0

thats good to hear, you could restore my faith in Autotrail if this keeps up::whatthe:

i guess you had the euro 4 on your old van and euro 5 this ( much better IMO ) and you have the latest 6kw time controlled heating system.:thumb:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Sorry, if i where to buy new it would be german i tried an a/trail nice van with loads of bling,:Smile: but quality wins.I wish you well and a good dealer is what we all would like perhaps i may of kept ours for longer than 8 months if we had a better dealer.
Good luck and enjoy.
John.:thumb:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Another satisfied AT owner here had our new Mohawk since 1st March couple of minor cosmetic issues (we are fussy:Smile:) otherwise very well built and screwed together. It was worth the engine upgrade to 150bhp drives like a dream and is giving decent mpg. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
thats good to hear, you could restore my faith in Autotrail if this keeps up::whatthe:

i guess you had the euro 4 on your old van and euro 5 this ( much better IMO ) and you have the latest 6kw time controlled heating system.:thumb:

Yes Phil it is the Euro5 engine. The heating system is fab:thumb:

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry, if i where to buy new it would be german i tried an a/trail nice van with loads of bling,:Smile: but quality wins.I wish you well and a good dealer is what we all would like perhaps i may of kept ours for longer than 8 months if we had a better dealer.
Good luck and enjoy.
John.:thumb:

Hi John. The only bling on our van seems to be the lighting which seems a bit OTT.

I can see the attraction with German vans but I can only compare what I have had with what I have got and I am pleased:thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
we have both on our ( now 1 year old ) Adria really impressed with both engine and heating:thumb:

the main thing is, is that you are pleased with what you put your hard earned cash into and enjoy it.:thumb:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We have had both an Autotrail and now a Burstner. And to be honest I do not think there is much to choose between them. Bought both when they were 18 months old. Had the Autotrail for over 2 years and nothing broke and nothing fell off. And the Burstner has been the same. The bonus with the Aviano is the on board fresh water tank and the insulated waste tank.
I would buy another Autotrail again no problem.

Andy

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
My first autotrail, my first motorhome!!!!

I'm new to the world of motorhoming and I'm loving every single second so far and it just grows from strength to strength :thumb:

I brought my first Autotrail in August 2012. It's a 2006 Dakota SE with the 2.8 JTD and i love it. It's only covered 11000 miles and feels like new. I had to do a few minor tasks on her, but that was down to the previous owner. All in all I'm chuffed to NAAFI breaks with her and goes to show that even second hand they're just the best, well in my opinion anyway. Now I know people will say how can I compare and I can't, I just know I'm happy with what I have and the price I paid as a private deal.

Don't get me wrong, I think Autotrail need to improve the "in build" inspections as it would got a long way to improving the overall quality of their product. There are lots of screw that have been put in at an angle, bits that wobble and shouldnt and even nail clippings and sweetie wrappers found behind the fridge whereby the guys and girlies on the production line are not taking the care they should, but overall I'm chuffed to bits and very happy.

::bigsmile::thumb:

Life is for living, so live it and live it as wild as you can :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Another satisfied AT owner here had our new Mohawk since 1st March couple of minor cosmetic issues (we are fussy:Smile:) otherwise very well built and screwed together. It was worth the engine upgrade to 150bhp drives like a dream and is giving decent mpg. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I was sat in Stewarts van this afternoon and have to say it was very nice and looked liked good quality finish, and the cuppa Tea was top class:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back