g4jnw

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Anthorn, Wigton, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
just got a campervan and the hob burners were full of crud, pipes now reasonably clear although 1 burner is still burning a bit yellow, its an old top so think i may have to replace it, firstly can anyone recognise the make and model from the picture, its a strange size 470mm X 381mm the van is 1995, cant find any markings on the hob at all to say what it is.

The other thing is the pressure is way down, all other gas appliances work as normal.

Attachments

• stove1.jpg
    stove1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 42

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Low gas pressure may well be caused by a gunged up regulator ..... this is a well documented problem particularly with Trauma regs.

Pesonally, I would have the system checked and serviced by a qualified gas engineer as you say the hob is burning badly which will probably be producing CO (carbon monoxide) which is deadly poison.

I would also fit a CO detector in case of any later problems.

Cheers, Brian

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Good advice from Brian. A Gas engineer will give it a service, clean the jets and check the gas pressure with a water gauge. The yellow flame defiantly indicates that the air gas mixture is wrong and the gas is not being burnt completely. As said this is very dangerous and neat Carbon Monoxide, which is the product of incomplete burning, is oudourless, colourless and quite invisible. you only need a minute part of a lungfull to kill you, so get it serviced. It will be a well made product and perform well when properly adjusted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

g4jnw

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Anthorn, Wigton, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Low gas pressure may well be caused by a gunged up regulator ..... this is a well documented problem particularly with Trauma regs.

Pesonally, I would have the system checked and serviced by a qualified gas engineer as you say the hob is burning badly which will probably be producing CO (carbon monoxide) which is deadly poison.

I would also fit a CO detector in case of any later problems.

Cheers, Brian

Thanks Brian, yes i have a CO2 detector fitted, have only just got the van and am contacting a local caravan place to see if they do that sort of work, Im trying to figure out the make and model incase of replacement without having to alter the worktop.
Just a thought, if the regulator was bunged up would it still work the heating as normal because thats working as normal.
I am first going to try and get someone thats qualified to check out the hob to see if it can be serviced but am starting to think this may cost more than a replacement but not sure yet.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
its a strange size 470mm X 381mm the van is 1995,

I can remember when we dealt in 'real' money and measurements. The size you quote equates to 18.5 inches x 15 inches. Not so strange really. :RollEyes:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thanks Brian, yes i have a [HI]CO2 detector [/HI]fitted, have only just got the van and am contacting a local caravan place to see if they do that sort of work, Im trying to figure out the make and model incase of replacement without having to alter the worktop.
Just a thought, if the regulator was bunged up would it still work the heating as normal because thats working as normal.
I am first going to try and get someone thats qualified to check out the hob to see if it can be serviced but am starting to think this may cost more than a replacement but not sure yet.

I'm not being picky but I assume you mean a Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector as there is a big difference between CO and CO2 which is Carbon Dioxide.

Your heating may well still operate with a partly blocked regulator but probably not to full efficiency.

A qualified LPG gas engineer will be able to test the regulator and service the rest of your system hopefully without the need for a new cooker.

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I can remember when we dealt in 'real' money and measurements. The size you quote equates to 18.5 inches x 15 inches. Not so strange really. :RollEyes:

Same for me, i get a youngster at work some times, i say "that looks about a inch and a half to me"
"what does that mean" ,he asks --so i have to get the measure out and explain, then realize it`s no good me teaching him, i got to go with this new fangled metric idea :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
G

g4jnw

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Anthorn, Wigton, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Same for me, i get a youngster at work some times, i say "that looks about a inch and a half to me"
"what does that mean" ,he asks --so i have to get the measure out and explain, then realize it`s no good me teaching him, i got to go with this new fangled metric idea :ROFLMAO:
Iam an old giit too lol - so better with feet and inches but all new hobs seem to be quoted in metric - anyone know a replacement of the above size, either metric or imprerial?

Made a boob on the last thread too, mean't CO (carbon monoxide) rather than CO2 - its an age thing!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back