LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, installed SP1 yesterday on Vista Ultimate. Couldn't get onto the internet. In device manager windows could not load the driver for my Gigabit express card? Uninstalled SP1 and system restored to a point I saved prior to putting SP1 in and all is now well. Why do MS insist on using us to test software they haven't got right yet? They should not put out software like this until they have got it right!!! :Angry::Blush:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Business seems to have largely ignored Vista, I think Dell still sell more business machines with XP spec than they do Vista. Trouble is most consumers are stuck with Vista because mostly they are not given the choice at all. Vista Ultimate costs £300+ and it will kill or clog most machines. For running just office type programs and photo software XP works flawlessly for me and I will stay with XP for as long as possible. It just works:Smile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi, installed SP1 yesterday on Vista Ultimate. Couldn't get onto the internet. In device manager windows could not load the driver for my Gigabit express card? Uninstalled SP1 and system restored to a point I saved prior to putting SP1 in and all is now well. Why do MS insist on using us to test software they haven't got right yet? They should not put out software like this until they have got it right!!! :Angry::Blush:

We let the "Beta" (early adopter) testers check out the software and bugs befeore we even think of installing it on our new customers machines.:RollEyes:

Microsoft have always released "buggy" software in the past and, although they can test it in a test environment, the real problems rear their heads when it is released to the customers.

Vista seems to work with all the current patches from Microsoft Update.(We've had no problems as yet with new hardware as long as it has been approved and tested as Vista Compatible) The problems we see are where people are upgrading the Operating System on older hardware.There can be driver or BIOS issues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Update on the SP1 saga

Hi just thought I would let you know the outcome of my problems as it may help someone else.

Having installed SP1 I had great difficulty connecting to the internet with my Nokia E61 which had always been superb. I could not resolve the problem so reformatted thinking this would resolve the issue. No such luck :cry: Tried everything altering settings etc. Began to wonder if T-mobile had gagged me as I had done a lot of downloading (to set up my new pooter) without warning me. Anyway sat last night playing with the phone and got to wondering if it was the phone settings. Found the help page (it's a man thing:Eeek:) and found a link to the Nokia download page and found I could download and reset the modem.::bigsmile: All is now back to normal even faster :thumb:.

Now the question is, did SP1 corrupt the phone settings? It was connected when I updated, or was it just a coincidence it happened at the same time?

Anyway all's well that ends well but it did drive me a bit ga ga (SWMBO says she didn't notice any difference!!! :Eeek:

Last edited:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
It's possible the settings were corrupted by installing SP1, stranger things have happened!
What often happens is that new settings are introduced with a new driver. It will keep the old settings that correspond but any new ones will need to be set before the device works. Download and resetting has possibly filled in the blanks but then again, maybe not:roflmto:

Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back