Long Stay Travel Insurance (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2011
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E480
Exp
Since 2012
We are planning to have a couple of 4 month trips to France/Spain each year and on looking at the policy docs see that most insurers limit each trip to 31 or in some cases 90 days.
Does anyone know if there are insurers who have annual multi trip policies without a limit on each trip?:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I could not find one, got two policies now, the first is a 90 day multitrip and for this winter a standalone 6 months... Jane :-/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Travel Insurance

Have you had a look at this site, I think that you may be able to get Backpackers insurance to cover a longer trip.
Enjoy your holiday
Sue

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
The reason we ended up with two policies was I could not find a multi-trip with any one trip of more than 90 days (and that was at a push but did find one for 2011 / 2012) when we went to Germany last Autumn I bought a multi-trip as it was a similar price to a single trip but knew when it came to this winter I would have to buy a single long trip. I too am interested in finding a solution (affordable). Jane :Smile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We are planning to have a couple of 4 month trips to France/Spain each year and on looking at the policy docs see that most insurers limit each trip to 31 or in some cases 90 days.
Does anyone know if there are insurers who have annual multi trip policies without a limit on each trip?:thumb:

there is an article in the MMM mag this month on long term and multi trip insurance and gives a brokers name,.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Is that the April or May edition of MMM?

the one that arrived mid last week so must be May Issue . i dont have it to hand as i lent it out on sunday. i think it was in the questions section

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
It may be worth contacting your insurer as they could offer to extend your cover to accommodate your plans. However they may raise additional premium but this may be better than changing insurer

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I have just purchased cover from Bigbluecover.com for a 120 day trip fo £95 (a few others around this price on moneysupermarket.com).
Our usual free annual worldwide insurance with our bank only covers us for 60 days in any one year and they wanted +£300 to upgrade.
Figured it was cheaper to buy new policy.
Don't forget if you are going away for a long time you may need to "buy" extra house insurance cover - we are covered for the first 60 days but had to buy another 60 days cover for £65 otherwise we wouldn't have been covered for fire,theft or water leakage.
Our van insurance with staysure covers 360 days foreign use.

Last edited:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
jaygee;754055Don't forget if you are going away for a long time you may need to "buy" extra house insurance cover - we are covered for the first 60 days but had to buy another 60 days cover for £65 otherwise we wouldn't have been covered for fire said:
The camping and caravanning club offer home insurance that allows 180days away. Its a good, reasonably cheap, policy as well.

Many home insurance companies allow only 30 days away, and some will not extend it.

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Very important point to check with home insurer that your home insurance will cover extended visits. They will be particularly concerned if it is in the winter months and will need to check with you that you have taken adequate precautions against freezing as water damage is a big risk factor. They will also ask about security arrangements at the home and will want to know if you have arranged regular weekly internal checks of the property. Friends and family can be quite helpful here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back