Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Well after much debate I have sold my motorhome although I have to adapt to going in holiday cottages flying to exotic shores and the really nice B and B in scarbourgh for the last three days I will miss the motor-homing way of live BUT it had to be done as a week ago I owed 48000 on my mortgage but paid in out of the endowment and when the money from the motorhome sale goes in at the beginning of next week i will get another letter saying you monthly payments are a hand full of pennies and so I will only owe 3000 which will only take me two months to pay and then I will be MORTGAGE FREE FOREVER. this will give me loads of money to save every month for the next 8years and 8months and RETIRE early when I am sixty i should then have plenty of money to buy another motorhome outright and spend the rest of the years touring if I chose to do that at that time . Could pay the 3000 now out of my isa but don't want to touch that will be a great feeling by June although I am not there yet. Have had fun with the fun and will miss you all but it makes a lot of sense financially to do what I have done and might even look for a part time job now perhaps no mortgage no more worries have been paying overpayments now of 500 a month for the last 15 months so without all this i am free :roflmto:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: I will still stay with the fun until my subscription runs out so you are not rid of me yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
nearly had me in tears then .good luck for the future.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Well after much debate I have sold my motorhome although I have to adapt to going in holiday cottages flying to exotic shores and the really nice B and B in scarbourgh for the last three days I will miss the motor-homing way of live BUT it had to be done as a week ago I owed 48000 on my mortgage but paid in out of the endowment and money from motorhome sale and so I now only owe 3000 which will only take me two months to pay and then I will be MORTGAGE FREE FOREVER. this will give me loads of money to save every month for the next 8years and 8months and RETIRE early when I am sixty i should then have plenty of money to buy another motorhome outright and spend the rest of the years touring if I chose to do that at that time . Could pay the 3000 now out of my isa but don't want to touch that will be a great feeling by June although I am not there yet. Have had fun with the fun and will miss you all but it makes a lot of sense financially to do what I have done and might even look for a part time job now perhaps no mortgage no more worries have been paying overpayments now of 500 a month for the last 15 months so without all this i am free :roflmto:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: I will still stay with the fun until my subscription runs out so you are not rid of me yet

The most memorable days of my life
Our wedding day
The births of our 2 daughters and granddaughter

And the day I paid of my mortgage 10 years early I can't explain the feeling of being dept free for the first time in our life

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
I can't wait if only 1had 3000 now got some in my isa but that can stay there i bet it is a fantastic feeling no debt for anything only everyday bills after June though I have to save for my new motorhome :thumb:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
No more morgage is always a good feeling, we paid ours of last year. Enjoy.

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
got a few thousand more than lowdham offered so took it could have done with the last 3 grand but any donations would be greatly received big difference between what each dealer will offer so pays to shop around

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Nothing stopping you coming to the fun meets, especially to the warmer sunnier ones, we always have a small tent in the motorhome xxxxx

and theres always someone with a large awning that will let you shelter and loads of us to visit during the daytime and evening

Dont leave us xxxx

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
no need to leave us just 'cos you,re 'homeless'

I've said in the past that I'd continue to use the forum even if I didn't have a moho. It's just a fascinating and entertaining facility and by no means just motorhome orientated.

Wyn

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I paid mine off years ago::bigsmile:, missed it so much I took out another:cry:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Well done Paul. Bet you cannot wait untill the deeds are in your hands.
We paid ours off early a few years ago. It is a wonderful feeling.
The down side is when you think back to when you took it out you realise you are now old.
Roll on pension day. :ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Can see the logic in all of that , great feeling probably the only reason you would sell your motorhome and not feel bad, good luck with your future plans, but do keep on Motorhome Fun you know you would miss us.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
The down side is when you think back to when you took it out you realise you are now old.

I know I am 51 now and di is 46 should have paid it last year but brought the motorhome on it 5 years ago and would still have had another 5 years to keep paying but now it is only 2 months and it is gone saving for a new one and retirement then. Emma will finish uni end of June Diane's mum and dad died last year and my dad won't be here long by sounds of it so a six berth got to be too big enjoyed your company and may buy a smaller one when I have saved enough and can pay cash Where did all those years go but hopefully the next are going to be easier with more cash to do what I want not what others (work) want me to do. When I think back to when I took it out I was 26 and when I think back to the bankers who sold me the endowment that would pay off my mortgage and buy me twenty motor homes as well out of what it would make I know that they were as bad then as they are now

Last edited:
OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
can see the logic in all of that , great feeling probably the only reason you would sell your motorhome and not feel bad, good luck with your future plans, but do keep on motorhome fun you know you would miss us.:biggrin:

the only reason

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Enjoyed meeting you all or a lot of you going to hag naps bring and buys travelling to France Germany Switzerland Italy holland Belgium etc in it. Cooking breakfasts on my grill in the mornings etc. didn't enjoy reverse judder breaking down at cheddar gauge or sandicliffe leaving my oil cap off when they serviced it. Problems that you don't expect when you pay so much for one but Good times have outweighed the bad Enjoyed Tunisia lanzarote Cyprus Tenerife disneyland in America Malta etc also so I suppose its back to these types of places for a bit oh dear dont know how I will cope. Sorry nearly forgot dellwoods pease pudding and stotties

Last edited:
OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months

Di says dont get deeds now it is all computerised on line don't know what she knows about it. Oh forgot she works at the land registry:Doh:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
That's the way to go Paul.:thumb::thumb:
Mortgage free it is brilliant we paid our off when I was in my fifties.
We are now thinking of down sizing as our house is to big for us then we will retire and enjoy life::bigsmile:

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Don't blame you go for it and enjoy life's too short not to are you still in your fifties now

Last edited:
OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Just turned sixty Paul
you are where I want to be at that age but don't want to wish my life away retire and enjoy all those years that you have left government says I have to work until I am sixty seven i say oh no I haven't you know what you can do ::bigsmile:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
you are where I want to be at that age but don't want to wish my life away retire and enjoy all those years that you have left government says I have to work until I am sixty seven i say oh no I haven't you know what you can do ::bigsmile:

We were lucky Paul a relative left us some money in her will it was enough to pay our small mortgage off so we owe it to her that we are in the situation we are now.

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
We were lucky Paul a relative left us some money in her will it was enough to pay our small mortgage off so we owe it to her that we are in the situation we are now.

That's good then dis mum and dad both died last year and the house was sold that helped us a bit as well but she would rather have them here but I suppose that's life for you

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
This time next week, if the pension people don't make any more cock-ups, I will have paid my mortgage off - nearly 40 years after I bought my first house for just £9000.

Party time :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back