Heyupluv's wife Christine,blood clot on the brain/stroke (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I must say a big Thank to all the Funsters and Friends that are contacting me by mobile phone, landline, Skype and on Private message on MHFun wishing Christine a speedy recovery and all the best and wanting the last update....
I thought in may be easier for me to put information on here and keep it updated........
I have many of our local village people calling at our home also requesting information on Christine and wanting to visit Chris in in Hospital...lovely kind people...(Hospital 50 km away)
It's taking me from 2.00pm till 9.00pm just on visiting alone....But I promise I will keep all updated

Well many Funsters have met my wife.Chris..many have not...
Chris is a lovely bubbly likeable London/Kentish person and gets on with everyone...she can have a sharp tongue at times (I have felt it) :winky::winky: but I wouldn't swap her

Well early Wednesday morning Chris slumped in the chair and could not speak, her face was drooping on one side...mouth...cheek...eye .....A stroke...I rushed Chris 50km in the car to Arras Hospital ....what had happened was a blood clot on the brain ...on arrival at the hospital the Neurology team took over Chris said 10 doctors and nurses working on her...they needed my permission to give Chris this very powerful injection but it needed to be injected not long after the onset of the stroke......the alternative was paralyzed the doctor said...:Eeek:....they gave Chris the injection...this explodes the blood clot ...
Now all the facial slump as gone back to normal, Chris looks her normal self... NO speech loss, No memory loss......at the moment a high heart rate they are trying to control and are monitoring...she must stay the Hospital bed and not get out or stand for at least another 5 days.....they did a brain scan on arrival...according to the doctor a very high-tech powerful scan ....according to Christine her head was fastened tight in a cage ...and the scan took 15mins with all weird noises....Chris had a normal brain scan yesterday....and will have another brain scan on Tuesday/ Wednesday....but at the moment all is looking good fingers crossed a praying hard...
They have just started to let Chris eat......and all the food is pureed...this is not going down very well:Doh: Chris much prefers a juicy lamb chop..:winky:

All I and Christine can say is Big thank you to the French health system....

The advert on the uk TV ...the person with fire like in the head and the slump and the facial slump is spot on.....then time is the essence as the doctor said brain cells are dying

If I have not informed or contacted any Funsters of my plight, A big Sorry, as life is Hectic and my life at the moment has been turned upside down .....
A lot of the time my livebox orange router is playing up and I having a job getting onto the internet...Just when I need it the most:Doh:

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
That's great news, thanks for the update and keep yer pecker up. Give Chris our best please.............:Smile: :pray:

gorsty

Free Member
Aug 17, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I only know you on this site but all my best wishes go to Chris and you and hope she has a full recovery once again all the best and wish you both well
dave and beryl :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Mel, it sounds as though your Chris is in wonderful hands with first class treatment,
May her progress be successful and swift,
All the best to you both,
Ken :thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I only know you on this site but all my best wishes go to Chris and you and hope she has a full recovery once again all the best and wish you both well
dave and beryl :thumb:

Thanks Dave and Beryl ...every day looks all could be back to normal....:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
That's great news, thanks for the update and keep yer pecker up. Give Chris our best please.............:Smile: :pray:

will do popeye

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
We have never met but I do hope your wife continues her recovery and let her know we all are thinking of her:thumb: keep us posted when poss, and well done you for realizing the danger:Smile:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hope chris continues to do well and makes a full recovery Mel. :thumb:

We too are impressed with the French health system. :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Best wishes. Get well soon Christine. :thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hope Chris makes a speedy recovery. Sounds like you did the right thing in the timescales Mel

All the best

Ken & Lynda

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Best wishes to you and your wife Mel. Am hoping for a full and speedy recovery. Your quick action quite possibly saved her life.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
All good wishes to you and Chris. A scary time but looks like a happy ending. :Smile:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
That must have been such a frightening experience for both of you, however you were "on the ball" and obviously did exactly the right thing.

It sound as if Christine is in the best place and receiving the very best of treatment .... I'm sure she will make a complete recovery very soon.

Good luck to you both, although we have not met would you please send Christine our love and best wishes as members of the Fun family.

Brian

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That must have been scary for both of you.

Best wishes to Chris and here's hoping for a full recovery.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hope Chris makes a speedy recovery. Sounds like you did the right thing in the timescales Mel

All the best

Ken & Lynda

Thank you Ken & Lynda

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We are thinking of you both..
We went through something similar 10 years ago ( aneurysm ) and woman made a full recovery.. Modern medicine is just amazing !!

Please pass on our best wishes and kindest regards to Chris from Mo and I

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We have never met but I do hope your wife continues her recovery and let her know we all are thinking of her:thumb: keep us posted when poss, and well done you for realizing the danger:Smile:

Thanks tim......that advert on the Uk tv, is spot on...and when you see them signs just go.. no ifs and no buts...time is the essence...Mel

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
As others have said you have been through a harrowing time. You acted quickly and she is now recovering thanks to your quick thinking. I only know of you through your previous posts on here but your description of events is extremely accurate and makes me feel as though I'd been there. I am sure that I am not alone in feeling moved by this and am so pleased that she is making good progress. Wish her well from us.

Wyn & Jean

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
That must have been such a frightening experience for both of you, however you were "on the ball" and obviously did exactly the right thing.

It sound as if Christine is in the best place and receiving the very best of treatment .... I'm sure she will make a complete recovery very soon.

Good luck to you both, although we have not met would you please send Christine our love and best wishes as members of the Fun family.

Brian

Thanks Brian...the english advert just jogs the mind when you see any of those signs:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back