broadlands show (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
well having arrived here yesterday weve had rain,sun ,wind and snow. A marshal telling people the generator goes off at 11pm every night so no ehu till 8am. Then it never worked all day till around 6.30pm and has stayed on all night which is good as i ran out of gas. Hope the show is o.k which starts today.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We were going to go but can't make it. Let us know how it goes down there and if it's worth getting it on the calendar for next year:thumb:

Oct 2, 2012
Shoreham by sea
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are going down tomorrow might stay till sunday :winky: will bring beer and gas:ROFLMAO:
Gary.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
We are going tomorrow for the day hope the weather's better:Smile:

clive1821

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
west oxford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
well having arrived here yesterday weve had rain,sun ,wind and snow. A marshal telling people the generator goes off at 11pm every night so no ehu till 8am. Then it never worked all day till around 6.30pm and has stayed on all night which is good as i ran out of gas. Hope the show is o.k which starts today.

There were two faults, which unfortuatley were out of the hands of the events team, one was contaminated fuel and when sppedy arrived was repaired, the second issues was two vans which had faults on them which caused the the main generator rcd to trip, the event electricians did there best, there were about 60 vans on that supply so locating the fault is a very time comsuming job at -1c, i did give then a quick hand as i have these issues quite a lot for example newark. Yes i also understood the generators would go off at 23:00 and return about 08:00 which to be fare is a normal requirement....

There are a lot of vans here and even the cold blast of wind, its not nice to be out there, its a very nice venue and the forcast is showing its slowly getting better, theres two evenings of free entertainment and the ground is good.... i went around the show yesterday and looks as if there are quite a few traders.....

Theres noting stoping you coming for the day or even coming for the weekend, the grounds are very nice to walk around and a quick walk into romsey is well worth a visit...

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We're going for the day tomorrow. Got a shopping list of all the things we do not need prior to our month in France on the 19th April. Weather should be fine although a little chilly.

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
We were going to go for the day today but SWMBO has conveniently gone down with a cold, so will now have next Friday at Bath & West Showground.

caroline174

Free Member
Mar 25, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
4 years
I'm going Saturday and Sunday will be on CC&C stand, talking about the NFOL at near by Sommerley Estates. Say hello.

Weather looks sunny and warmish for Saturday hope the wind stays away.

:yeah:

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Thanks for the info clive on the generator now it makes sence, been round the show twice today as only small but very enjoyable, inlaws may buy one of the special beds going for 2000 tomorrow as it might help the mother inlaw back. Weather is bearable and we even had a bit sun which was nice, i managed to get some gas from local garage. Gonna pop me head in the main tent tonight as its only 20 yards away, had a nice chat with eddie van b also. Time for a couple of beers now till tonight.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'll be driving past about 18:30, I'll wave and open the window to let some heat waft your way..........:thumb:

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp

just came back from there, very cold, in my opinion a disappointing show, I would have liked to seen more stands/workshops, a seven pound each entry fee to patronise dealers to sell their Motor homes and caravans is a bit rich.. A marketing ploy would have been nice had the organiser's included in the entrance fee a hot cup of coffee/tea:roflmto:

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Obviously a few differing views, Im not looking for a new motor home but bits pieces and ideas

Much there or not ?

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Obviously a few differing views, Im not looking for a new motor home but bits pieces and ideas

Much there or not ?

We are going today, but in previous years we have found a reasonable spread of accessories and I am expecting the same this year. We are going for bits and pieces as well.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We went today - bought 6 mugs (for the house!) at £1 each, and some Fenwicks motorhome cleaner. Looked at a few motorhomes (as we do) but we have only just changed......

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
Just got back, not very good at all, very small not much to see and £7 entrance a bit much but it was sunny::bigsmile:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We went today and although there were plenty of vans to look at there was a lack of side stalls. Not nearly as many as last year. I suppose the recent weather put them off. Anyway, got everything I didn't need, plus an electric bike from AS Bikes, which wasn't on the list before we went. Now I am ready for our trip to France in a couple of weeks heading to the South for some sun.

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
hello

Evening Caroline, was nice to meet up with you today at the show. It was my first one, basically getting me ready for Peterborough. Hope you enjoy tomorrow and the weather stays positive.:thumb:

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Speaking to one of the marshals today said as it was so cold they were gonna leave the EHU on all weekend but because so many people complained of the noise of the generators they couldn't. I and many others thought different. Entertainment friday was ok, saturday we met up with Archer, Gary and shirley and had a good night, hope to see you both at peterborough. Bought a few bits for us and got the bed for inlaws down to 1700 pounds which was a bargain. Our leisure battery isn't holding its charge so I think a new one will be needed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back