LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Hi all, where can I purchase the aires book at short notice? (English version if possible) we are going Dover/ferry/Calais,then driving south,also is there a maximum length on these aires? Thanks lau. :Doh::Doh:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
You may find it easier to get the French version from a Tabac over there if time is short. Although in French the info is easy to understand. Each aire will have its own rules about length of stay. Check the signs. One or two nights is typical but they do vary.
Also it's worth enquiring at Tourist Offices. They're not all in the books.

Have a good time
Wyn

Last edited:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Looking at the OPs avatar I think he meant length of vehicle.

Rule of thumb applies..... if you can park then you're in! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Larry

All The Aires from www.vicariousbooks.co.uk , don't know how quick though , also there are lots of good quality municipal and commercial campsites in France.
The Aires vary but when we took our 32' Hurricane over we had no problem and there were no restrictions.

Have a great trip :thumb:

OP
OP
LARRY99

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Thanks mate, bet you wished you were still in Spain? Hope to see you again sometime this year, lau& ang:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks mate, bet you wished you were still in Spain? Hope to see you again sometime this year, lau& ang:thumb:

Yes, we were at Manilva on a site called La Bella Vista overlooking the med, a real quality site , the forecast for the week ahead was wind and rain so I said to Win lets get home , get some jobs done and then out again. Its been bl##dy freezing ever since :Eeek::Eeek:
We now aim to head into France , Switzerland and perhaps Italy in the next month .
Take care both and have a great trip :thumb:

Larry and Win

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Vicarious Books are based in Folkstone. Perhaps you could call in on the way to Dover. Just a thought.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Vicarious Books are based in Folkstone. Perhaps you could call in on the way to Dover. Just a thought.

Might be an idea to give them a call first and make sure they'll be open and expecting you. :thumb:

Mike

OP
OP
LARRY99

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Thanks cakey/ mike beaches,,,just checked their website and I
Think they are only open mon- fri, we travel up late sat afternoon,but thanks again, was hoping to buy one at perhaps the ferry terminals or on the boat:thumb:

gorsty

Free Member
Aug 17, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi larry
Hope you get one it will do us in September LOL but we do have a Europe BPG
be good and have a good trip
love to ang and see you soon ALB dave and beryl :thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Instead why not pop into one of the large French supermarkets and get the French version of the aires book called "Guide officiel des aires de service", it has many more aires in it and is quite easy to get to grips with.

Whilst looking on the web I also came across this site which give some useful info about aires generally:

Link Removed

OP
OP
LARRY99

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Instead why not pop into one of the large French supermarkets and get the French version of the aires book called "Guide officiel des aires de service", it has many more aires in it and is quite easy to get to grips with.

Whilst looking on the web I also came across this site which give some useful info about aires generally:

Link Removed

Will do ,thanks for the info:thumb:

OP
OP
LARRY99

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Hi
Just in case you need some safe place to overnight or for a longer stay , you can come to my place. Just PM me to make sure I'm at home

Amicalement
Frankie (from smartphone)

Thanks frankie for your generous offer, don,t think I,ll be travelling that far down this trip, but one day? Thanks again:thumb:

OP
OP
LARRY99

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Hi larry
Hope you get one it will do us in September LOL but we do have a Europe BPG
be good and have a good trip
love to ang and see you soon ALB dave and beryl :thumb:

Hi Dave, hope you are both safe and warm,as I,m only 30& a bit I won,t need the bpg,lol, Tel you soon. Lau& ang:thumb:

OP
OP
LARRY99

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Are you back for Carmarthen Larry?

Hope so, unless we get kidnapped/ high jacked, havn,t driven in France for a few years, so locals may have changed,came close to being kidnapped in the Basque Country once, offered the missis as hostage , they soon let us go, see you in carmarthen:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back