Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Watch out West Wales we're coming to your area this weekend...::bigsmile:
Yes outing no, 2 so if you see someone looking a bit confused :Confused:
that'll be me. A bit of wild camping and a small site hopefully. and:beer: :ROFLMAO:..
pete / gail :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Watch out West Wales we're coming to your area this weekend...::bigsmile:
Yes outing no, 2 so if you see someone looking a bit confused :Confused:
that'll be me. A bit of wild camping and a small site hopefully. and:beer: :ROFLMAO:..
pete / gail :thumb:

Go too far west in Wales, you fall off the side:cry:

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There is a motorhome show in Carmarthen this weekend, that might be worth a look if you are in the area:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I shall look out for you Peter ! Know a few wild camping sites if you are interested.
Eileen

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
I shall look out for you Peter ! Know a few wild camping sites if you are interested.
Eileen

Yes please Eileen, any (recomended) wildcamping spots much appreciated.:thumb:and any cheap sites.:thumb::thumb:
PM if you like.
pete / gail.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
There is a motorhome show in Carmarthen this weekend, that might be worth a look if you are in the area:Smile:

Hi jim' I spotted the details for the show... but we just had to re schedule our departure too the sunday evening due to work .... maybe nxt time, still a nice break though.

Upvote 0

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
You will be most welcome.
Most of us locals are friendly, those that arn't just ignore.
The beer is non toxic and the water safe to drink.

cheers

peter

Upvote 0

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi peter
Have a great weekend and i can heartily recomend dylans site for peace and quiet
in wales. Click on the link in their signature :thumb:

regards...nige

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Have a great time as I type we are staying at Cwmcuttan with Eileen (Dylan)

Hope to see you around.

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User

Hi thought it was next weekend 18th 19th 20th ,sure that wahat it says on the posters.Have to re check,

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
[Anyone coming down to the Motorhome Show this weekend fill up your tanks,diesel over £1.20 /ltr here,Supermarkets £1.16/ltr.:Angry:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Wales trip..

Just to let you know we're back from out wales visit.
We wild camped all of the time just for the hell of it, sorry we never got to your site Eileen... will try again another time.
Roughly it went like this, first night we arrived in the brecon area a bit later than planned so it was a quiet layby just off the a40. Next day down to llangorse lake for a mooch. then onto Usk res for an overnighter. The following morning when we woke early the frost had come down during the night.... the views that morning where stunning :thumb::thumb: this is what it all is about.::bigsmile:

We then had a leisurely drive down to Aberieddy and spent a night there' again the views at dusk and the nxt morning :thumb::thumb:.

Then it was three days at Newgale visiting the inlaws and a few beers while overlooking the sea again :thumb:.

The final night out was on a windy mountain side off the main rd from llanadog to brynaman.... a bit wild and woolly the last night but still enjoyable.... overall 10/10.
I'll try and put a few piccies up when I get the time.
Pete n Gail.

Upvote 0

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Glad you enjoyed it, it sounds like the last night was spent on the Black Mountain (where Top Gear film) totally beautiful in good weather with Wales laid out before you. Come back soon.:thumb:
Eileen

Upvote 0

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Yes please Eileen, any (recomended) wildcamping spots much appreciated.:thumb:and any cheap sites.:thumb::thumb:
PM if you like.
pete / gail.

In the wrong country for "cheap" sites! Wild camp in UK is the only way.

I'm set to do Czech and Poland in June/July where site fees average out at £3-5 per night.

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
Went to the Carmarthen show only spent 2 hours there and that was stretching it,spoke to a few dealers not having a good time,sadly a few of them won't be back.Perhaps later on in the year when all the Tourists are down this way would be better.Hope so need something here,personally shall try and keep supporting the event,

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Glad you enjoyed it, it sounds like the last night was spent on the Black Mountain (where Top Gear film) totally beautiful in good weather with Wales laid out before you. Come back soon.:thumb:
Eileen

Now that would be the only time I would avoid Wales..... when Clarkson and his mates are around, what did wales ever do to deserve that eh. :RollEyes:

Upvote 0

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Came past the site of the Camarthen Show today at about 1.30 pm on our way back from Ireland saw an RV in a filling station on the lefthandside was that anyone on here??

We were past it before we could pull in!

Regards Pat

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back