Apr 1, 2013
Newbridge
Funster No
MH
autocruise stardream
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone,

Last Saturday we put down a deposit on our first ever motorhome, an 08 Starcruise Stardream. Among the small matters needing attention we pointed out that the plastic box-like strips below the windows had all come loose. The salesman said that this would be rectified.

However, having since read a couple of horror stories about damp, we are wondering if this fault might have been caused by dampness. The strips themselves appear to be fixed in place with silicon sealant.

We'd certainly appreciate any comments/advice.

Regards

Andy

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
welcome

Welcome aboard:winky: Ask for a DAMP test to be carried out before you part with any more money!

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to motorhome fun, get a independant damp test done, and if it shows up damp, whatever they promice walk away, it won't be so easy for you to pass on when you decide to change your van.

If no damp is found you can relax and enjoy your van, would want to know why the strips needed resticking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Hi welcome to the fun!

I was just wondering I know the AA carry out inspections on cars, is their an organisation that does the same thing with motorhomes? Bearing in mind the high value of second hand vans it could be a good business opportunity for someone.....

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I was just wondering I know the AA carry out inspections on cars, is their an organisation that does the same thing with motorhomes?

AA do inspections on motorhomes up to 3500kg but only on the base vehicle. MACIC do the whole works: .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back