LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok. I'm giving you all 3 months off to travel.

Your only proviso is that you have to go in the motorhome and can't take a ferry.

You have as much cash as you need...

What will you aim to see?

Where will you go?

How many miles will your trip be?

Fire away....

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Off we go

Ok. I'm giving you all 3 months off to travel.

Your only proviso is that you have to go in the motorhome and can't take a [HI]ferry.[/HI]
You have as much cash as you need...

What will you aim to see?

Where will you go?

How many miles will your trip be?

Fire away....

I will board the [HI]Shuttle...............[/HI]..

You're gonna let my tyres down if I can't be serious aren't you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Van into a container on a weeks cruise to new York then set out across USA keep going and give up one day before end of three month sell van fly back to UK

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Crete
Eurotunnel - but will have to get a ferry 'cos Crete is an island
2,000 miles
Will need 4 months off - Can I be excused sir?

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
You are all trying hard but not hard enough.

I woud expect you to be on the tunnel, but too where?

No container ships,

I'm thinking USSR and or Scandinavia.....

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
[HI]Van into a container on a weeks cruise to new York [/HI]then set out across USA keep going and give up one day before end of three month sell van fly back to UK
Sounds great but your mode of transport looks like a ferry to me.......not allowed:Smile:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Call me old fashioned but i would like to do a lap of Great Britain, I think it would be around 5,000 miles (guessing) not sure if that includes Wales but we're going there in August anyway:ROFLMAO: Still i'll take the full three months :youbetcha: as i maybe a while in the distillaries in Scotland:beerchug:

Rob::bigsmile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
With tony having done his back and me unable to walk at the moment we're going nowhere very soon but

3 months off and must use a ferry so we would take the woolwich ferry (its cheap) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Visit Scotland and the Isles, down through wales and across to ireland taking our time to just enjoy the Great British Isles

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I would like to do Scandinavia also then maybe round north and Eastern Europe but its not so much where I'd go its who I'd take. I'd love to do this with my Mum and Dad as I think it would be great to spend 3 months with them with no distractions such as work and other boring stuff. We would probably fall out after the first day :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but it be worth it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No ferries...well thats us buggered then as they dont allow LPG engined vehicles under the water :cry:

if they did, it would have to be Beijing in the footsteps of Rory's (forestboy) bike trip.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Only Three Months

[HI][/HI]that’s not very helpful! You want a figure you can quote, so here you are: according to Ordnance Survey, the length of the coastline of Great Britain (the main island only) is 11,072.76 miles

• The length of coastline of England only is about[HI] 5581[/HI] miles (8982 kms), Ignore the Isle of Wight, Lundy and the Scilly Isles
  • Mainland Wales’s coastline is about 1317 miles (2120 kms) and adding the islands of Anglesy, and Holyhead the figure is [HI]1680[/HI] miles (2740 kms)
  • Mainland Scotland measures about [HI]4174 mile[/HI]s (6718 kms) but [HI]ignore [/HI] the islands of Arran, Islay and Jura, Shetland and Orkney, and the Western Isles.
Total so far 11000miles

Then Trips add 4000 miles

Great Glen+ Highlands ( Must include Loch Garten) +Grampians , Lake District, Peak District, West Country+ Malverns, Bala, Stratford on avon .
Devon & Cornwall (incl Eden Project) New Forest, Kent ,Leeds Castle.

Ignore Essex (Its boring): Lincs Wolds Yorkshire dales.

anything else we Fancy really.

Ignore Europe Been there .

[HI]
[STRIKE]15000 miles 90 days about 170miles/da[/STRIKE]y

No Im taking 6 Months @85/da[/HI]y:thumb:

Cotswolds and Bath,

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
No cruise ship OP said money no object and I'm sure if I approached a cruise liner they would let me put my Van on the deck lol :ROFLMAO:
Definition of ferry......To transport (people, vehicles, or goods) by boat across a body of water.:Smile: I think we need an adjudicator before you set off.:winky:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
A always fancied doing the coast run all round England Scotland and Wales start from Humber bridge and head north starting in may
Anybody ever done it and how long did you allow for it

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Definition of ferry......To transport (people, vehicles, or goods) by boat across a body of water.:Smile: I think we need an adjudicator before you set off.:winky:

Do you mean all these big Americans that go on cruise ships are actually just going on ferries? :roflmto::helptitanic:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ok Steve, those on the Isle of Man and Wight van have a ferry...::bigsmile:

Now you know what it's like to be in government - you put out a part thought out plan then start the U-turns when it all goes tits up.

Now when are you going to appease the Scots ?

And the Irish.

And the Channel Islanders.

Not to mention the poor folk of Scilly.

When you've sorted them, start on those running LPG conversions.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Ok mate here goes.
Over the channel France, Belgium, Holland, Denmark then over to Sweden by the Malmo bridge/tunnel. Up to Oslo the across to the coast and follow the coast and fiords all the way north. Make sure to stop at Trondheim and Tromso drive the Trollstigen and visit the Lofoten Isalands. Catch a ferry to Svalbard then on an old Russian icebreaker and go as far north as the ice allows. Back to mainland and all the way to Nordkapp before heading south through Finland following the Russian border ( with a visit if visa allows). From Helsinki ferry to Estonia then Latvia, Lithuania and Poland (Auschvitz and Warsaw) visit Prague before heading back through Germany and heading back home.

Whaddya reckon about 6500 miles plus the icebreaker trip which takes about 8 days.
Planning this trip hopefully next year after skiing

Heres a map for a rough guide see you at Nordkapp on the 15th :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Le Shuttle to Calais, wander slowly down to Monaco for the Grand Prix in May (money no object?), meander along the med coast to Antibes for a few days, then slow trip back through France for the Le Mans 24 hour (OH would love to do both), then head to the West coast to St Gilles Croix de Vie for a few days, amble up the coast to Vannes then maybe slowly head home from there. ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Any particular time of year ?

if we are talking winter, tunnel then east north east.... 130 miles a day to go to my destination and back in 90 days

Alaska.. Cross on the ice at the Bering Straight

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Tunnel then overland to Ulaan Battur (Mongolia)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back