Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
It's a beautiful location. Used to be very basic, but now there is a fairly substantial shower block. Parking is on the dunes overlooking the sound to Iona. As one might expect, grey seals, oystercatchers, great northern and red-throated divers, and even possibly a corncrake may be around.
Can be a bit chilly in Spring if the wind is strong.

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
One of our favourites if you like being away from it all and glorious sunsets (weather permitting!) Highly recommended!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Just a post script

I've just remembered that it's a long trek to the toilet disposal point. A good idea to have a trolley to pull the cassette on if you plan to stay pitched for any time.

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I've just remembered that it's a long trek to the toilet disposal point. A good idea to have[HI][HI] a trolley to pull the cassette on [/HI][/HI]if you plan to stay pitched for any time.

Got one !!! Bought it at the Shrewsbury Show last year for £10 !! Good piece of kit ! Very useful at Marjal !!:Cool:

You should see the one that UKBill bought from an "oriental" shop in Portugal !! 2 inch wheels !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Great campsite if you time your visit right,try to avoid the school holidays as I understand it can get quite busy.If your lucky and its quiet you can take your pick of the beach front pitches. If your going to Mull Calgary bay is a must,and there are plenty of spots to just pull up for a night or two.Is best being self sufficient as to my knowledge there are no hook ups.
If your interested there are some pictures in an album on my page.

Vlad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Great campsite if you time your visit right,try to avoid the school holidays as I understand it can get quite busy.If your lucky and its quiet you can take your pick of the beach front pitches. If your going to Mull Calgary bay is a must,and there are plenty of spots to just pull up for a night or two.Is best being self sufficient as to my knowledge there are no hook ups.
If your interested there are some pictures in an album on my page.

Vlad.

agree with above calgary wildcaming can be very nice spot :thumb
Fidden Farm Campsite as some beautiful views and can be very peaceful
mull is worth a visit when kids are at school :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back