is 20 minutes the standard ? (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Is 20 minutes the standard answer to " how long does it take to walk into town"?. We have asked or just been told on many sites that it is just a 20 minute walk into town, to the shop etc. The latest one turned out to be 2.3 miles and approx 44 mintes. The best one was in Cornwall. About 4 miles and just over an hour......... Don't mind a walk but whay do they all say 20 minutes???????:Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Our chinese takeaway always says the same too, twenney minn-et :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you,d soon complain if they said it,s 5 miles and well over an hours walk....:Doh:

20 minutes in is too far to turn round as it may just be another 5 mins away....or another 30 mins :Doh:

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
you,d soon complain if they said it,s 5 miles and well over an hours walk....:Doh:

20 minutes in is too far to turn round as it may just be another 5 mins away....or another 30 mins :Doh:

Fraid I wouldn't. Need to walk the dogs and at nearly 14 years old the eldest struggles for a couple of days if she has too long a walk. If I know what the walk is I can exercise the dogs then head off for a walk into town. Really don't mind a long walk but it's nice to know whats ahead.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Is 20 minutes the standard answer to " how long does it take to walk into town"?. We have asked or just been told on many sites that it is just a 20 minute walk into town, to the shop etc. The latest one turned out to be 2.3 miles and approx 44 mintes. The best one was in Cornwall. About 4 miles and just over an hour......... Don't mind a walk but whay do they all say 20 minutes???????:Smile:

Have you not heard about google maps :ROFLMAO:

You can even walk the route virtually before setting off :thumb:

Just kidding. I said 15 Minutes from a site to pub to my friends. It took them half an hour and they whinged at me. Next night I walked with them and understood why. They dawdled and chatted and pointed stuff out to each other. Me? On the way to the pub I get a real stride on :ROFLMAO:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I dont like distances given in minutes
We have have our own speed so as soon as Cameron outlaws Distances given in minutes and goes back to the old standard of distances given in the actual distance the better :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back