can u wash motorhome at CC or CCC site? (1 Viewer)

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Is it allowed to wash your motorhome at a CC or CCC site? If so am i allowed to cover the whole thing in bubbles, use lots of water and lovingly caress it clean with a sponge, or am i just allowed to dab it clean, when wardens backs are turned???

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I think the rules do not allow it, though I have seen tuggers with a sponge and bucket doing it. Once a year is plenty for washing motorhomes, the rain will wash the dust off.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I have tried several times to was off road salt at CC sites but as usual there are the R U L E S.
Trying to dodge the site commandant is not for the faint hearted as he frog marches around looking for us motorhomers to step out of line.
You must always remember the CC is the Caravan Club, no mention of motorhomes. They like to receive our fees but in the 30 years I have been a member a lot of wardens are still very much anti-motorhome.
I cannot see a problem sponging it down but good luck with that.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I took my sagging gas locker door off dismantled it cleaned it reassembled with Sikaflex 512 AND cleaned and polished all the other doors whilst AT Bridlington CC :Cool:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
This stuff is good - you'll only want to wash the dirty bits anyway ::bigsmile:

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Onedrywash-Car-Cleaning-Kit-Waterless/dp/B000ZOX6O8"]Onedrywash Car Cleaning Kit, Waterless Car Wash and Polish: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike[/ame]

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I sometimes get on the roof too :ROFLMAO:
CA_03201315232660-M.jpg

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
So basically we are saying

1. if there is one park near running water source i.e. river to disguise any future noise
2. get up at 1am sharp
3. put on camoflage gear, black hat/balaclava
4. put on anti gravel noise slippers
5. paint ladders black so silver doesnt reflect in moonlight
6. clean motorhome, learn hand signals so that i can instruct misses and kids what to do without noise
7. if anyone approaches, hit the deck
8. make sure all buckets/ladders/cloths etc are back in motorhome so that no evidence is left..

Or

Might be better finding somewhere else to do it...

-

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Is it allowed to wash your motorhome at a CC or CCC site? If so am i allowed to cover the whole thing in bubbles, use lots of water and lovingly caress it clean with a sponge, or am i just allowed to dab it clean, when wardens backs are turned???

You sure know how to live dangerously:Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
You must always remember the CC is the Caravan Club, no mention of motorhomes. .

The Caravan Club is for both motorised and non-motorised caravans.

"Motorhome" is an Americanism.. On the V5.. you have a Motor Caravan.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
This stuff is good - you'll only want to wash the dirty bits anyway ::bigsmile:

I like the idea of this, a guy with a caravan next to us was using it, only that bothers me is the road dirt containing grit, I`m thinking you need a good old swill down to get rid of that first otherwise you`ll scratch the paint work.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Seems odd, in the UK our sites are generally good quality , in Spain my experience is they are frequently poor and yet they often have a motorhome wash bay :RollEyes:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I have on several occasions got a bucket and long reach washing pole out. I do the windows and lights first. For legal and safety reasons they need to be kept "clean" then I use the rest to quickly wash the rest of it. Quick rinse down with the watering can. I wouldn't go for a full blown wash using loads of water but I do think it reasonable to have a bit of a wash. Especially this time of year.:thumb:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I have tried several times to was off road salt at CC sites but as usual there are the R U L E S.
Trying to dodge the site commandant is not for the faint hearted as he frog marches around looking for us motorhomers to step out of line.
You must always remember the CC is the Caravan Club, no mention of motorhomes. They like to receive our fees but in the 30 years I have been a member a lot of wardens are still very much anti-motorhome.
I cannot see a problem sponging it down but good luck with that.

I agree with the sentiment that we should be allowed to clean windows and possible sponge off some of the dirtier parts but I don't want to go on soggy, dirty pitch left behind by moronic motorhomes/caravanners who have just fully washed their outfit.

What else do you want to do whilst on site, a complete respray, dumping toilet under the hedge or what?

It's a area designed for leisure not a worksite.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I agree with the sentiment that we should be allowed to clean windows and possible sponge off some of the dirtier parts but I don't want to go on soggy, dirty pitch left behind by moronic motorhomes/caravanners who have just fully washed their outfit.

What else do you want to do whilst on site, a complete respray, dumping toilet under the hedge or what?

It's a area designed for leisure not a worksite.

Blimey :ROFLMAO:

missbusybusy

Free Member
Nov 27, 2011
Northampton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie again
So basically we are saying

1. if there is one park near running water source i.e. river to disguise any future noise
2. get up at 1am sharp
3. put on camoflage gear, black hat/balaclava
4. put on anti gravel noise slippers
5. paint ladders black so silver doesnt reflect in moonlight
6. clean motorhome, learn hand signals so that i can instruct misses and kids what to do without noise
7. if anyone approaches, hit the deck
8. make sure all buckets/ladders/cloths etc are back in motorhome so that no evidence is left..

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
In 971 my brother in law purchased a VW Devon conversion. You have a tent he said, Let's all go to Spain on holiday. They had a 15 month old baby, there was typhoid or something in Spain, so off we went to Italy instead.

We stopped on about night 3 at a campsite in Lucerne. Lovely. They had a vehicle wash area so whilst my sister and I went off to investigate the laundry facilities since my nephew was in terry nappies, unbeknown to us the boys decided to wash the van.

Unfortunately we had parked the nappy bucket (complete with Nappisan and nappies) just under the van and they reversed over it ....... :Doh:

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
In 971 my brother in law purchased a VW Devon conversion. You have a tent he said, Let's all go to Spain on holiday. They had a 15 month old baby, there was typhoid or something in Spain, so off we went to Italy instead.

We stopped on about night 3 at a campsite in Lucerne. Lovely. They had a vehicle wash area so whilst my sister and I went off to investigate the laundry facilities since my nephew was in terry nappies, unbeknown to us the boys decided to wash the van.

Unfortunately we had parked the nappy bucket (complete with Nappisan and nappies) just under the van and they reversed over it ....... :Doh:

This is probably the oldest motorhome in the world... Hadn't realised VW Devon conversions were around in those days.. approx 100 years before Norman Conquest... im going to look over bayeaux tapestry again just to check there isnt one hiding in the background!!!

::bigsmile:

ok i know you meant 1971 not 971, but thats not as funny... tee hee!!

-

Xan

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new
Generally you're not allowed to wash the vehicle whilst on site, but they're allowed to give you filthy looks if you turn up with a dirty vehicle.:swear:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back