Free Member
Mar 23, 2013
SKIPSEA
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I,m a newbie
Being new to this and are out for the first time next month, could anyone tell me what to do when leaving a pitch for the day. Do you just leave something to say it is your pitch.
:Cool:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Being new to this and are out for the first time next month, could anyone tell me what to do when leaving a pitch for the day. Do you just leave something to say it is your pitch.

Yeah the sites always say leave a marker if you take your motorhome off site during the day - I never have left one yet as never know what to leave. Surely whatever you leave leads the risk of being removed?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It depends on the sort of pitch you are on!

If it's a football pitch simply leave something hanging off the goalposts!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Some of our customers leave a chair or a mat but we are only a five van site so not much chance of your pitch being taken or anyone taking your stuff either. Just something on the pitch is usual !

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Broken Link Removed

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Utility tent.....no-one's likely to nick that :Smile:

If I'm not pitching the tent....my grey water bucket pegged upside-down does the trick.

I used to have a piece of plastic with my number plate scrawled on it.

Last edited:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I used a notice which I printed out and laminated, then attached to a small bucket. The type you'd get paint, grout etc. Doesn't matter if nicked or - as I did and left it onsite on Isle of Wight. :cry:

Wyn

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
leaving pitch

We leave a bucket full of water (in case of wind) and have painted our reg number on it.

AndyPandy

Free Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
We've got one of them little signs on a peg but on hard standing just leave the mains lead, disconnected as has been said,

Or just leave the van and get pi$$ed

Enjoy :Smile:

Andy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Best bet is to make or buy a sign that is personalised so can't easily be used by anyone else, I would NOT recommend leaving anything of any value on a pitch as we know from experience that even the most stupid things can be nicked at times ... including a bucket with a bag of dog poo in it!!! :whatthe:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Utility tent.....no-one's likely to nick that :Smile:

If anyone wants a utility tent to leave on their pitch as a marker I've just put 2 of them for sale (brand new) in the classified ads section! :Smile:

Link Removed

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
swmbo

I just leave a rottweiller

Her name is Sandra!!!!:Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Leave a full Thetford loo cassette on the site, no one will park there.
maybe not but at 60 odd quid a time it sure as hell will go walkabout. :Eeek:

as in another post, even a bucket with dog shite in it got nicked.

never leave anything with a value of more than £0.00...it will get stolen/borrowed.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i leave the wife normally lounging in the sun have been known to return after a week and no one has nicked her and she is still talking god knows who to but the mouth is moving ::bigsmile:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
On my second visit to a Caravan Club site the wardens helpfully sold me one of these Broken Link Removed for the princely sum of £6.

My Dad's mate is gonna mount it on a bit of angle-iron or similar so I can bash it into the ground!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
On my second visit to a Caravan Club site the wardens helpfully sold me one of these Broken Link Removed for the princely sum of £6.

My Dad's mate is gonna mount it on a bit of angle-iron or similar so I can bash it into the ground!

You'd better do some 'cosmetic personalisation' enhancement to it then otherwise ANY motorhome owner can use it so I will probably be nicked the first time you put it out!!! :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back