Free Member
May 14, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
We are parked next to a lovely couple her at the Orange Grove near Albir who are convinced there is a new aire in Zaragossa. I am not aware of this. It would be a perfect stop for them on the return to Bilbao. They are aware that there are convenient campsites but do not wish to use them.

I have looked for past threads on this subject and done a google search, but unfortunately drawn a blank.

Are there any funsters that can confirm this and possibly supply a link, or coordinates. Any other help would be appreciated.

Dai

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
There is an Area de Service on the AP68 near Zaragossa, at Sobradiel. It is a service station to all intents and purposes with parking for cars, coaches and lorries. The fuel station is manned 24hours and there is also a cafeteria. We spent the night there on our way down to Spain without any problems, we parked up in the coach bays along with a French motorhome. There were also three British lorries parked up there for the night. We were recommended to stop there by another Funster who has been overnighting there for the past four years without any problems.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
There is meant to be a aire or parking place in the centre of Zarragosa BUT have read thats it can sometime be a pain to get to and can get issues with lots of cars parking around the vans... Maybe ok with a small van but cant help anymore on that.

Brisey's spot has had a few mentions..
Also depending how far they want to travel before the stop over i use these two places a lot.
1. Teruel, just follow signs for "dinopolis" huge big quiet car park. Supermarket and fuel station at entrance.
2. Carinenea, Just before Zarragossa. There is a resturant / truck stop / hotel on the main old road. Many motorhomes and caravans use this an an overnight free stop. Park around the back of the building. Bit of truck noise but a good free safe stop.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There is an Area de Service on the AP68 near Zaragossa, at Sobradiel. It is a service station to all intents and purposes with parking for cars, coaches and lorries. The fuel station is manned 24hours and there is also a cafeteria. We spent the night there on our way down to Spain without any problems, we parked up in the coach bays along with a French motorhome. There were also three British lorries parked up there for the night. We were recommended to stop there by another Funster who has been overnighting there for the past four years without any problems.

I was just going to sugest this place we stayed there one night last year , one of the best places we have stopped , good cheap food and very friendly lorry drivers, every thing you need, clean toilets even showers.

OP
OP
Dai

Dai

Free Member
May 14, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks to all you guys for your informed replies. Our neighbour is most appreciative, but furthermore a prospective "funster" in the future.:thumb::thumb:

Dai

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Are there any funsters that can confirm this and possibly supply a link, or coordinates. Any other help would be appreciated.

Dai

We used this once, a municipal with good hard standing and I think free WiFi:

http://www.campingzaragoza.com/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I was just going to sugest this place we stayed there one night last year , one of the best places we have stopped , good cheap food and very friendly lorry drivers, every thing you need, clean toilets even showers.

I do not want to appear to be pedantic but the above rest stop you refer to is at Marlofa. I too have used it and as you rightly say is one of the best stops near Zaragoza.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries