Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Wow! Did you read the posts about the news:Eeek:
The Press got it wrong by calling it a caravan show but the majority of the posters are glad to see the back of the show.
And I thought it was just caravans that were hated

Regards
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
That is a pity - according to Multimap it is an hour's drive further north, so we will not be able to make it.

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi might be able to get in rowntree park cc site then:thumb: then again:Doh::RollEyes:

ray

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Those comments :whatthe: The locals like us in York then:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
HI dont the general public like caravaners then:cry::ROFLMAO:

ray

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Pickering is as good as any other show ground,
Nice little town but the weather will have to be good. The drainage is not great there.

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
How short sighted those poster's are. We go to York show every year and always go into the town and spend money. In fact, that is two families including kids, all eating out and spending in the shops etc.

Reminds me of where I live. Quite a poor town and we used to have a big student organisation placing foreign students with local families. This brought a lot of money to the town. But then what happened?-- The local yobs started to beat up or mug the students and in the end they pulled out. All the locals moaned about loss of revenue but it was their yobs doing the bullying.

ken.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
disgusting what can i say go to York news and North Yorkshire news brought to you from the pages of The Press newspaper in York and read all the comments dickheads :Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:!!!!!

Wouldn't want to like live in York with this lot. They clearly don't give a toss about the businesses in York who will see their trade drop dramatically during that week.
They will be the same people who complain when their local businesses close through lack of trade ..... e.g. present Post Office situation.
These people close their minds to the opportunities this event brings to their city.
Minds are like parachutes ..... they work better when they are open :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That is a pity - according to Multimap it is an hour's drive further north, so we will not be able to make it.

its actually less than 35 miles to the showground, most on dual carraigeway. :thumb:and its actually east/north east of york.
i know its a lot of fuel for the RV,s :whatthe:but it should be a much better show.:thumb:

john.

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
its actually less than 35 miles to the showground, most on dual carraigeway. :thumb:and its actually east/north east of york.
i know its a lot of fuel for the RV,s :whatthe:but it should be a much better show.:thumb:

john.

I generally find myself driving 200 miles to most meets:Doh::cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back