Which club is best for small sites? (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I am wondering about joining one of the two 'big' clubs. We collect our van in April and wish to spend a few days touring on our way back to Scotland from Newark. Does anyone have any practical advice please on the merits of either club?

We are not interested in the big sites, don't need EHU or toilet blocks..........just good value quiet 'out of the way' places to stop over night at a reasonable price.

Are either of the two clubs known for being better (cheaper) value?

Only 2 adults in a Panel Van Conversion.

Anyone know the average price? Does one club have more CL's or CS's than the other?

Any advice welcomed, thank you :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Although the Caravan Club has more CLs than the Camping and Caravanning Club has CSs, we choose to be members of the latter.

If aged over 55 C&CC have good automatic off-peak discounts for seniors - 30% on their main sites. Which by the way are mostly less expensive than CC any way. Choose the location right and it's not too difficult to find a full facility site for £10 or thereabouts (without a hook-up).

And they have good temporary holiday sites (THS) which usually require absolutely no booking and generally offer excellent value. You can just turn up and stay for 1 night, or as long as the rally lasts. Cost tends to be between £5 - £8 per night.

And agree, Brit Stops is also an excellent scheme too! :thumb:

Mike

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I am wondering about joining one of the two 'big' clubs. We collect our van in April and wish to spend a few days touring on our way back to Scotland from Newark. Does anyone have any practical advice please on the merits of either club?

We are not interested in the big sites, don't need EHU or toilet blocks..........just good value quiet 'out of the way' places to stop over night at a reasonable price.

Are either of the two clubs known for being better (cheaper) value?

Only 2 adults in a Panel Van Conversion.

Anyone know the average price? Does one club have more CL's or CS's than the other?

Any advice welcomed, thank you :thumb:

I'd recommend C&CC, as they take tents, so the fields are often larger.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am with CC as I love their network of CL's.
Prices vary from £6 upwards. I usually pay £8-£10 though there is one that is £12 which I go to regularly.

I am a fulltimer, so when not wilding or staying with friends I only use CL's. Very happy with them and not come across a bad one yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Is there any particular area you wish to visit?

Both clubs have site search facilities that you can use as a non member and both include their small sites ( 5 vehicles only) known by the Caravan Club as CL's ( Certified Locations) or Caravanning & Camping Clubs CS's ( Certified Sites)

You must be a member of the club to visit either their CL or CS. :thumb:

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks so far guys, to answer the question on any particular area we would like to tour through the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District on our way back up North. ::bigsmile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Thanks so far guys, to answer the question on any particular area we would like to tour through the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District on our way back up North. ::bigsmile:

If you do get The Britstops membership

Try Bashall Barn near Clithero (Lancs)
Lovely location great restaurant and brewery on site.

Best of Luck

Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
cc have some great sites, at reasonable rates....you just have to find them!

ccc are known to be easier to deal with for owners, so there does tend to be more of them, often at reasonable prices.....you can find them £6-8 a night still!

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
we joined the CCC and have now joined the CC (members of both) I would say that there are more CL type sites in Scotland in CC but the over 55 discount in the CCC is worth it, just back from weekend at Rosemarkie with EHU at £ 14.00 night nearest CL was £13.50 so no real difference, all depends where you are going to be using the van longer term (rather than just on the way back north)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Posters keep saying you have to be a member to use CL type sites. Very rarely will you be asked to produce you membership card at any of the CL type sites, I think I have been asked once, and had to show my card once. They want your money and most are more than happy to take it. :Smile:

Ian

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>>> Which club is best for small sites?

I'd suggest a Shillelagh, sometimes it's hard to get a good swing with a baseball bat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back