Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sitting in my motorhome this morning there was a draught coming from the cab area about shin height.

The doors were closed properly but we didn't have a silver screen on.

Any idea where the source might be?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Most likely through the cab ventilation (heater) vents. In some cases you can switch to recirculation (before switching off ignition?) and that will prevent it. Otherwise, drape a large blanket or similar over the dash and down to the cab floor.

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Great. Thanks:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Also check around cab doors. Although closed they can allow draughts past their sealing rubbers.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Draught

One way of cutting the airflow down is to stuff the hollow cab section up with socks stuffed with nylon material. You can get to it from the front of the seat base lockers. the area is one scource of cab droughts. You will notice an immediate difference once you have done it. You will need long arms to get to it from both seats.

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
We have an elddis with an over cab bed. The draught from cab area is quite noticeable, when we dont have kids with is we pull the double quilt down over the seats to meat what ever we can find as a baracade at the bottom

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
You should have knocked at 6 this morning i was awake,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Lovely looking van though.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sitting in my motorhome this morning there was a draught coming from the cab area about shin height.

The doors were closed properly but we didn't have a silver screen on.

Any idea where the source might be?

They all do that Sir. If it's Ducato based.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Has it got overcab bed?If so i replaced the short curtains they fit with a thermally lined pair of drapes to the floor +2 inches and shut the cab area off if really cold.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Open your cab doors and you will find horizontal vents along the rear edges.

Covering these with duct tape will stop draughts through the holes in the door cards!:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
One way of cutting the airflow down is to stuff the hollow cab section up with socks stuffed with nylon material. You can get to it from the front of the seat base lockers. the area is one scource of cab droughts. You will notice an immediate difference once you have done it. You will need long arms to get to it from both seats.

Thats a common problem with Ducatos, if you give Glenn a call on Monday, he will be able to advise you further, pleased that you are otherwise happy with the van:thumb:
Thanks

Peter

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Thats a common problem with Ducatos, if you give Glenn a call on Monday, he will be able to advise you further, pleased that you are otherwise happy with the van:thumb:
Thanks

Peter

Popped in to your site on Friday,thanks to workshop manager for advise and look foward to his call.:thumb:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Shame we never had stickers in our windows,I have posted off for one from Jim.I sort of guessed it was you from early morning posts but thought it would be too coincidental.Maybe see you somewhere at some point.Fairlight not far from us and its nice just to escape somewhere for a weekend thats not to far a drive.Great looking van.Makes pretty tyre tracks on the grass.:ROFLMAO:At least i can tell the wardens it was you.

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yeah up at the crack of dawn .some bloke was up playing with his new toy.Woke the whole bloodt site up.:ROFLMAO:

Not sure if you are joking but there was a Swift 590 next to us this morning.

My playing started about 5am.

Sorry if it was you:Blush:::bigsmile:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Not sure if you are joking but there was a Swift 590 next to us this morning.

My playing started about 5am.

Sorry if it was you:Blush:::bigsmile:

Yeah it was us,:roflmto: Didnt hear you till 6,Julie just said she thought it was earlier.I woke up at about 11pm,the wife was sat up sound asleep with the tv blaring.Did your dome work there?I plotted on another pitch to start but couldn't get reception.That was the only spot.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Yeah it was us,:roflmto: Didnt hear you till 6,Julie just said she thought it was earlier.I woke up at about 11pm,the wife was sat up sound asleep with the tv blaring.Did your dome work there?I plotted on another pitch to start but couldn't get reception.That was the only spot.

She just told me you were up before the Pecker,not sure if she was on about the Woodpecker or what :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

The dome did work yes I didn't expect it to though.

Can't believe it was you next door:ROFLMAO:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I did put 2 and 2 together but didnt confirm it,should have just gone with my instinct and knocked.Nice site there if you like the peace and quiet.We walked up to the pub Friday night (The Oaks i think ) good food and a nice pint.Bit dark walking back.

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I did put 2 and 2 together but didnt confirm it,should have just gone with my instinct and knocked.Nice site there if you like the peace and quiet.We walked up to the pub Friday night (The Oaks i think ) good food and a nice pint.Bit dark walking back.

Lovely quiet site::bigsmile:

We went to the Two Sawyers on Saturday night which is just up the hill.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Draught

one of the culprits is the pressed steel box section at the rear of the seat bases, it couples up with the box chassis members underneath which are fitted with rubber one way flaps for airflow. You can buy a Fiat plastic blanking stopper, the part number is 1355707080. The price each is £3.80. Obviously you will have to get on your back and get underneath to do it or if you have ramps it will be much easier. You should buy two because the opposite side might be missing. They just clip in place.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
one of the culprits is the pressed steel box section at the rear of the seat bases, it couples up with the box chassis members underneath which are fitted with rubber one way flaps for airflow. You can buy a Fiat plastic blanking stopper, the part number is 1355707080. The price each is £3.80. Obviously you will have to get on your back and get underneath to do it or if you have ramps it will be much easier. You should buy two because the opposite side might be missing. They just clip in place.

Are they handed? and is the airflow important for the running of the vehicle?

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Shame we never had stickers in our windows,I have posted off for one from Jim.I sort of guessed it was you from early morning posts but thought it would be too coincidental.Maybe see you somewhere at some point.Fairlight not far from us and its nice just to escape somewhere for a weekend thats not to far a drive.Great looking van.Makes pretty tyre tracks on the grass.:ROFLMAO:At least i can tell the wardens it was you.

:ROFLMAO:

They were nice wardens I admit.

Hopefully we will bump into each other again( not literally - I won't have the car next time ::bigsmile:)

Your van looked great. I liked the Fiamma box on the back:thumb:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
:ROFLMAO:

They were nice wardens I admit.

Hopefully we will bump into each other again( not literally - I won't have the car next time ::bigsmile:)

Your van looked great. I liked the Fiamma box on the back:thumb:

I had beer too,yeah great wardens . i think they had a little joke with us about the walk into Hastings. We walked in and ive never walked up so many steep hills. My feet were on fire.Got the bus back to the Beefeater and had lunch.All i will say is the beer was cold.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back