Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
In June got to pick someone up from Preswick Airport any nearby sleepyspots, I know there is a C&CC site at Culzean Castle, about 25 miles, but something a little nearer would be better as they come in early. :thumb:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Craigie Gardens Ayr is a Caravan Club site we use sometimes, there is also a site somewhere in Troon. Used to be a site right opposite Prestwick Airport but it may be all mobiles now.

Rgds
Bill

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We've not used these ourselves, but there is a nice wee wild camping spot near Troon Harbour, and there is a CC CL at Annbank, and a C&CC CS at Coylton, near Sundrum Castle.

PM me if you need the wild camping location/coordinates.

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Many thanks, have found a few sleepyspots around near the airport on google earth, just hope they are as good as they look. :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
There is a car park on the water front at Ayr we have used it during the day in motorhome and can't recall seeing any no overnight signs if its only one night I would think you'll be fine away in the corner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
There is a car park on the water front at Ayr we have used it during the day in motorhome and can't recall seeing any no overnight signs if its only one night I would think you'll be fine away in the corner.
There is Gerry, but the speed ramps are extreme to say the least. Some cars bottom out on them, but a low profile Alko chassis wouldn't stand a chance. They were laid to stop the boy racers.

Glad to hear that you are sorted Ray. That one I suggested near Troon harbour, was out of the way, quiet, and with a smashing view. :winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back