Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Ok, ok, you will never believe that I have never, ever done the above?! :winky:
Right, now I want to!!?? :ROFLMAO:
Bought a usb thingy from ebay and all went well as I started the process (I was getting funny messages to do this since ages now!) .....it started ok but then I got a message ...lol, messages are bad news to me.....it said:-
"Write on label on blank media and insert it into E/."
From there on, I do not know what to do and back up stops at that point....25%, I think?
:cry: Please, can someone be kind and not shout at me and explain?!! (In nice, simple terms, please?!) :RollEyes:

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
:ROFLMAO: go into my computer click on your usb item then right ckick it and at the bottom of the list it will say properties click on that it will tell you if the usb memory is full or not :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: I think :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: in large print for the hard of hearing :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Could be that your computer thinks you want to write to DvD or CD drive which may be the"E" drive on your computer.

One easy way to back up to the USB is, right click on all the folders you want to back up, then click "send to" and select your USB stick from the options.

Alternatively you could "copy" "paste" them....:thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
best way to back up, is look to how big your hard drive is normally (c:), then buy a external drive twice as big as the one in your computor, plug in the new external drive and set backup to run daily/weekly/monthly depending on how frequently you think you need it.

nobody ever got sacked for getting bigger stuff than needed

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
32 Gb is a tiny amount of storage to take off a hard drive...as said by an external drive 1 Terrabyte and store it seperately from your PC in case the worst happens!

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I would suggest you need to think through just what you want to backup and which disasters are you protecting against.

Personally I do not back up programs or operating systems. Operating system recovery depends on your machine, and if you are recovering from a complete failure you may well be using a different machine anyway. Similarly programs will probably need to be re-installed from the original sources.

So the key thing to back up, in my view, is data - documents, photos, music etc. Only you can know whether or not 32gb is enough for that. I too have a terabyte disc but in truth its far bigger than I need. (but 32gb would be nowhere near enough)

There are a number of backup programs ,including some built in to op systems. But I use Microsoft's synctoy, which is a free download and very easy to use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back