LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Was thinking of poodling off some where for Easter...

But with this weather I dont think we will bother.... and it`s not looking good for the Easter break... :Sad:

Dont see any point in waisting fuel, just to sit in the wagon looking out at dismal wet windy soggy camp site...:Angry:

Different if you can sit out side and have a cuppa and a glass of wine... :RollEyes:

What say you.. ?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I am planning meet with the MCC at Oswestry, only an hour away so can leave it till last minute. However we have use of a large rugby club inc showers, toilets and a lovely big open fire place.. :thumb::thumb:

Always a good weekend..::bigsmile:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Was thinking of poodling off some where for Easter...

But with this weather I dont think we will bother.... and it`s not looking good for the Easter break... :Sad:

Dont see any point in waisting fuel, just to sit in the wagon looking out at dismal wet windy soggy camp site...:Angry:

Different if you can sit out side and have a cuppa and a glass of wine... :RollEyes:

What say you.. ?

I never bother going away on bank holidays. Sites are always full and no end of problems.... :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
same here MO:Smile:
we was planning a trip away over Easter with the grand kids,but being coped up in a motorhome is not my idea of fun so staying put:Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Absolutely agree Mo,

getting away is about 'camping', ie, having a barbie, going a walk, cycling, etc etc .. not sitting in a van looking at the rain running down the windows.. been there, done that all too often when full time.

We cancelled several trips last year due to bad weather.. let's hope this year is better.. but I'm not getting excited just yet :Sad:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
We're looking at going to a C&CC meet at Nightingale farm Yalding, the DA meets come in handy as you don't have to book, just keep an eye on the weather and turn up if it's ok.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We are still going to Wales for 2 weeks.:thumb:

Sod the weather, it's dry inside a nice country pub after all.

Anyway we will have the new van and wouldn't mind spending a bit of time inside it to learn the ropes.

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are still heading off tonight. Will keep an eye on the weather and try to head to the best of it. Will try to have days out wherever we end up. Some time sitting inside just chillin with a book and a malt ( not Horlicks ) may be on the cards as well.:Cool:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
WE are off to CC site near Hastings this pm. I don't care what the weather is doing, I'll be away in my MH. Good book, crochet, Mrs Brown's Boys on DVD ha ha. We paid alot of money for the MH and I'm damn well going to use it!!! ::bigsmile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well I am booked for Chester ... but may have held back if known this snow going to be so bad...

Can't believe the difference in weather now. Last time I went on this meet was sat sweltering and wishing there was an open air swimming pool nearby.

Same with Wrenbury. If you look back over the last few years in the Rally albums, gone from sitting outside the pub in a group with the sun scorching down, to thick mud, to torrential rain ..... I really feel for people who don't enjoy reading.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are off to Swanage for Easter. There are 5 vans, all family, so we should have a good time despite the weather.

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
My husband suggested 2 weeks in Goa for the end of March but as we had been there before I persuaded him it would be more fun to go on our first ever motorhome trip to the Tour of Flanders and Paris-Roubaix cycling races with a stop in Luxembourg. It is only 6 days until we go and I am laying in bed with a bad chest infection and the weather forecast for Belgium and France next week is not much better than here!! Next time I will keep my mouth shut and go with his suggestion!!:Doh:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I am off to Chester whatever the weather, been on a diet too long now to give up my reward of posh food, washed down with beer and wine.:thumb:

I will gladly sit in my MH for a few days to top up my calorie level.::bigsmile:

I spend 20 years cancelling planned trips, when in a microlight club, i`m going whatever the weather.:thumb:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
WE are off to CC site near Hastings this pm. I don't care what the weather is doing, I'll be away in my MH. Good book, crochet, Mrs Brown's Boys on DVD ha ha. We paid alot of money for the MH and I'm damn well going to use it!!! ::bigsmile:

It's a nice site at Hastings. Nice pub along the road for a meal. I think it is the Squirrel.:thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
No, they have nasty Indian food, horrid horrid soft white sand beaches with small boys with large machetes peeling you a pineapple, taxi fares cheaper than a corporation bus, waiters bringing you drinks by the swimming pool, palm trees, glorious sunsets ..... :Smile:

Also high humidity, mosquitos, plumbing that stinks, the runs, little fish in the sea that nip at yer legs and the odd King Cobra in the river Sal ....... :whatthe:

Not forgetting the gypsies from Rajasthan and all the thieves and all the murderers from Mumbai ! - these two classes of persons were identified to us on numerous occasions by sundry Goan nationals; the first group were the itinerant sellers of tat on the beaches and the latter were apparently the only people who would be coming to Goa on the train when they finished the train line. Cos everyone knows there was never EVER any theft or murder in Goa before that, don't they? (Just the alcoholism and the abject poverty ... LOL)

:ROFLMAO:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We're hardcore! wind, rain, snow or sun if we make a plan we stick to it. There is no such thing as "bad" weather, just inappropriate clothes :roflmto:

So we're off to a headland site overlooking Woolacombe.

Plenty of headland and beach walks with a cosy pub and a carvery as the goal :thumb:

Eddie

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Well I have booked to go to Wells nice adult only site been before, don't care what the weather does once I am there it's a break from work, loads to do local with many pubs/food to explore then I can snuggle up in a warm dry RV with a book or DVD........so I am going no matter what :thumb:

All the best Rick

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We're hardcore! wind, rain, snow or sun if we make a plan we stick to it. There is no such thing as "bad" weather, just inappropriate clothes :roflmto:

So we're off to a headland site overlooking Woolacombe.

Plenty of headland and beach walks with a cosy pub and a carvery as the goal :thumb:

Eddie

Yes we are with you:thumb:
We are booked to go to Pateley Bridge
Good pubs , good chippy and curry house , fab butchers , oldest sweet shop in Britain , towns car boot on the Sunday Easter rally . Its with the CCC . So you can get as involved as much , or as little as you want. Perfect.
Weather doesn't stop us either. Just mud :roflmto:
If we know the ground is a muddy quagmire we wouldn't go. We'd find somewhere else with hard standing or well drained .
Cant see the point in being parked up in a bog when you have 2 dogs that need walking ( small border terriers they may be ) bringing all the mud into our lovely clean MoHo and having to be towed off at the end of it.
What ever everyone's doing , enjoy it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back