Hoorah, Hoorah, Whoops... Sorted. (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
In preparation for the up and coming visit of a French VIP from the South of France I have been busy, busy, busy.

One task today was to test the recently repaired (1000)(whisper quiet) Kipor generator so I plugged it in...

First... test the small, electric oven... perfect. :thumb:

Second... test the toaster (yes, yes... after turning off the oven)... perfect. :thumb:

Third... the Boss's hairdryer... level one... perfect... :thumb:

Level two... Everything goes off... :cry:

(I believe this happened with it at a campsite too. :Eeek:)

Found the trip thingy and switched it back on (?)... nothing... but after a pause... tried again... all back to normal.

So... FB Pies, no problem, egg on toast, no problem but hair drying on speed one only please...

... now where is that bath room cleaning stuff?

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
JJ,

I have a cunning plan (I'm sure I've heard that phrase before)

Using your skill and cunning modify the VIPs' hair dryer so that the the level 2 switch only switches to the level 1 element.:thumb: Then suggest that a short hair style will enhance her already legendary charms. Then I am sure that said VIP will be so distracted by your regal presence that she will not notice the apparent lack of heat. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

John

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Oh the naivete of man.

When my hair was as per my avatar pic, ie short and straight (poker straight is it's natural bent) it took FAR longer to dry and mess about with to get it like that, than it ever did - or does now - with it longer and permed!

:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Oh the naivete of man.

When my hair was as per my avatar pic, ie short and straight (poker straight is it's natural bent) it took FAR longer to dry and mess about with to get it like that, than it ever did - or does now - with it longer and permed!

:ROFLMAO:

Yep .... just the same with me! Short hair ... I had to forget after a few years ! First it's far more expensive!!!! You must go to the hairdresser at least every 2 months! And second as you said Jenny I needed the hairdryer more than now!
Long hair only prob is you find hair everywhere! Hair dryer funnily is only used 1 minute! And since with JJ , I just go to the hairdryer before I go to Portugal to get that stupid fringe (NO John I can't get rid of it... forehead is too big ... sign of intelligence my mum keeps saying::bigsmile:) straightened. Otherwise I look like these 1930 women .... 3 curls stuck on the forehead ... yukkkkk!!:RollEyes: Would be ok if we were dancing charleston , but indeed we rarely do ... no room in the hymer ... and I think hymer would not resist it ...I'm quite light but not everybody's case:Eeek::roflmto:

Amicalement

Frankie:winky:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
You must go to the hairdresser at least every 2 months!
Some of us wish we still had enough hair to have that sort of problem :Sad:::bigsmile:

3 curls stuck on the forehead ... yukkkkk!!:RollEyes: Would be ok if we were dancing charleston , but indeed we rarely do ... no room in the hymer ... and I think hymer would not resist it ...I'm quite light but not everybody's case:Eeek::roflmto:
Wow...some people in this forum would pay good money to see JJ dancing the Charleston :Eeek: :roflmto:

worth-1.gif

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
JJ testing a hairdryer conjures up (pardon the pun) a strange image:ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
"JJ testing a hairdryer"

Is there such a thing as an 'oxymoronic phrase' ? :roflmto:

Seen these, Frankie? Any good to you?

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Have a safe Journey Frankie and I just know you will have a fabulous time.

JJ will have everything in its place just so that you can spend all your time with him rather than fussing "around the house"

JJ have a wonderful time too. Best wishes to both of you xxxx

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
"JJ testing a hairdryer"

Is there such a thing as an 'oxymoronic phrase' ? :roflmto:

Seen these, Frankie? Any good to you?

In fact any kind of straightener does the job , the thing is more ... how many watts is that one? I didn't see any mention of it, did you? My hairdryer on 1st level is 710 watts ("daddy dear" measured it for his still little daughter:winky:)

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
In fact any kind of straightener does the job , the thing is more ... how many watts is that one? I didn't see any mention of it, did you? My hairdryer on 1st level is 710 watts ("daddy dear" measured it for his still little daughter:winky:)

They dont use ANY electricity , they are gas powered and they really are a boon ehrn you are not hooked up to the mains electric. My beloved uses these all the time, we live on a boat so we always keep an eye on opur electricity usage, becomes second nature I suppose. :Smile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Even the titchiest travel hairdryer is more than 1000w (usually about 1200 on high) and the big ones in the region of 1700w so somewhat more than the output from the 1000w Kipor which rather confusingly is 900w max.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back