freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We are on a site for the weekend and just tried to get the toilet cassette out of the locker but can not get the lock open , tried wd40 and oil but not having it, would a screw driver in the lock open it , have some new lock barrels at home, any ideas please

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The lock barrel outer is located by a flat on one side, if you force it with a screwdriver you will lose the barrel location register unless you re fibreglass it. I suspect the pins in the lock are seized wd40 may do it or even vinegar to dissolve the rust make a dam under the lock fill and leave for 24hrs then try. I hope you get it sorted soon or you will be in deep do do, hee hee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I guess you have tried pushing inward on the door to take the pressure off the locking arm, then turning the key

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i actually busted one of these locks unintentionally because it was stiff. it sheared the rear peg and plastic sleeve on the back of the lock.
had to use a screw driver in the barrel hole to open the lock.

got a complete replacement for about £15 no issues.
as long as you dont damage the door, or frame you should be ok.

but as has been suggested try all else first. good luck:thumb:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
if wd does not do the job I would not force it with screwdriver etc. for fear of damaging the door or frame. Best bet is to drill centre of barrel out, start with small bit then run big one through:thumb:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
try entering paperclip into key hole to liftbarrel pins aided by small electrical screwdriver. some times key wears away and does not lift enought to allow barrel to turn. this takes some practice but does open

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We are on a site for the weekend and just tried to get the toilet cassette out of the locker but can not get the lock open , tried wd40 and oil but not having it, would a screw driver in the lock open it , have some new lock barrels at home, any ideas please

If you have no joy before you get drastic give Glenn or Ian a call on 01-580-881288 and pick their brains:thumb:

Peter

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Knock the hinge pins out.
Use a 2mm blunt pin and tap on the small side of the pins
Repair the lock ,test, refit pins :thumb:

OP
OP
F

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
All sorted, I pushed the hinge pins out and took the door off, stripped the lock down and found the cause,
The o ring that seals the push Button had perished allowing water on to the locking mechanism causing it to crud up.
Cleaned greased and back together, just a small o ring to get

Thanks for all replys

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, often we see a thread posted and wonder what the outcome was. Whatever the solution is (or even the fact that there wasn't one) is likely to help others.

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back