Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all,

I am unable to get on the internet with my unlocked 3 MiFi E585, when it is displaying the 3G signal only, (5 x bars), and yet if I remove the sim card and place it in my older unlocked 3 Dongle E122, I initially get a WCDMA signal, then get an HSDPA signal as soon as I connect.

When I first started using the MiFi, I found it to be very good, and it seemed to connect every time, but these past few days away, it has not connected to an HSDPA signal, only a 3G signal, but with no internet. :Sad:

Surely if it was a bad signal area for HSDPA, then the dongle wouldn't connect, would it?

I am using a T Mobile sim card (Orange/EE)

Any ideas please?

Cheers,

Jock.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Silly question but have you set up the APN on the mifi to suit your sim... ?

Other than that Mine just worked as soon as I got the right APN.. I took the sim out of my vodaphone dongle, did the APN ( changed from when in Moroco) and it logged straight on.... Not used it away from home yet..

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp

Other than that Mine just worked as soon as I got the right APN.. I took the sim out of my vodaphone dongle, did the APN ( changed from when in Moroco) and it logged straight on.... Not used it away from home yet..
Hi Steve,

Yes, I set up the APN as soon as I got it, and it was working fine at Chester, Uttoxeter, and Ayr. I'll recheck it though. I also had it set up for Auto Connect.

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

I was just going to suggest the same...APN on the mifi....:thumb:..I have just done three Mifi's all been APN not set to the sim card....all had full signal:thumb:
have you been changing internet provider.... sim...orange, 3, vodadone....

Last edited:
OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
have you been changing internet provider.... sim...orange, 3, vodadone....
No Mel, but I do have 3 x provider's APNs set up for different sim cards.

I know it's not the lack of an APN, as it comes up as T-Mobile on the screen every time. When it works on HSDPA, it connects to Orange Roaming.

Cheers,

Jock.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
No Mel, but I do have 3 x provider's APNs set up for different sim cards.

I know it's not the lack of an APN, as it comes up as T-Mobile on the screen every time. When it works on HSDPA, it connects to Orange Roaming.

Cheers,

Jock.

If it was me Jock I would still just check your mifi APN settings even though it is showing the provider's name T-Mobile.

Link Removed

http://www.modaco.com/topic/318970-access-point-name-apn-settings-for-uk-mobile-network-providers/

http://www.tuffphones.co.uk/uk-gprs-and-3g-apn-settings

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
If it was me Jock I would still just check your mifi APN settings even though it is showing the provider's name T-Mobile.

Link Removed

http://www.modaco.com/topic/318970-access-point-name-apn-settings-for-uk-mobile-network-providers/

http://www.tuffphones.co.uk/uk-gprs-and-3g-apn-settings

Broken Link Removed
Morning Mel.

I've just checked, and the APN settings are as per those on the lists for UK T-Mobile.
The MiFi keeps trying to connect, but can't, and a full 3G signal is showing on the screen, but no "H" for HSDPA.

Back on the dongle now. :Doh:

Cheers,

Jock.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Morning Mel.

I've just checked, and the APN settings are as per those on the lists for UK T-Mobile.
The MiFi keeps trying to connect, but can't, and a full 3G signal is showing on the screen, but no "H" for HSDPA.

Back on the dongle now. :Doh:

Cheers,

Jock.

Ok Jock, sorry I can not be of any more help to you:Doh:...good luck...contact your provider:thumb:

Mel

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Mel, although I can connect through the dongle, the signal occasionally drops out, so it may well be the lack of a good enough signal for the MiFi.

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back