Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Another one in Oban (they must be all selling up there) but it's on auction, no reserve, but really silly starting figure and a zero seller, makes be doubtful..

Link Removed

also photos are from JCLeisure in Sussex/Kent

and another over the border, on auction, zero seller, silly start price..

Link Removed

OP
OP
paulmold

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
The sellers for both joined on same date Nov 7th 2012 , coincidence or what??

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Paul it could be a change in tack,but they are auction style so provided the buyer completes the sale through ebay :thumb: then the buyer is protected via ebay rules ::bigsmile:
I don't think ebay will be long before shutting this scam down :Smile: but at the same time it makes it more important for buyers to be aware :Eeek: They could well be paying a lot more realistic prices for vans meaning if they are daft enough to pay and await delivery etc they will loose a lot more money :Eeek:The scammers may also ask for a few hundred quid deposit up front to hold van and also offer second chance offers to capture other bidders :Eeek::Eeek:::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
paulmold

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Hi Terry
Yes the auctions make them much harder to spot, it was only the very odd starting prices on these that made me notice them. I mean who starts an auction at something like £248.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Terry
Yes the auctions make them much harder to spot, it was only the very odd starting prices on these that made me notice them. I mean who starts an auction at something like £248.

::bigsmile: Not only that Paul but it means you would have to be watching vans close to ending without the time to post and warn of scams :Eeek:Once they start on no reserve autions with £0 starting bid they are going to draw a lot more bidders thinking they are getting a bargain --just don't part with any money until you see/have the van ::bigsmile:
terry

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
bid on the 2nd one is now £3500, last bid upped it £2500 which seems odd !
one of the gang bidding it up ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The daft thing is there is no way for ebay to tell if they are scams or genuine seller's just joined :Eeek:
It's only when the auction ends and the scammers ask you to pay via SNIDE p pal etc that everything will come to light :Doh: and if the buyers fall for it :Eeek: it will have been completed outside eBay and the fun begins :Eeek:
As we have seen the email looks quite genuine so quite a few may well fall for it :Doh:
Terry

OP
OP
paulmold

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I wrote to both about 3 hours ago (via Ebay's 'contact seller') to ask, as there is no reserve, will you be pulling it before the end if price is too low, as a lot of bidding takes place in the final minutes. Neither has replied yet.

OP
OP
paulmold

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Last edited:
OP
OP
paulmold

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
No, it switches websites, see my post above , I was editing as you posted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back