why did you buy yours ? (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi in what order do you put things !!you want when buying a motorhome ? is it layout berths
size camper hi top or a rv ? etc..
1 the motor name
2 layout fixed bed or rear u lounge
3 shape and size
4 fuel consumption
5 comfort value
6 budget value
7 price
8 fiat or vw or peogeot or?

basicallydoes it suit you there's always a compromise some where?

what pulled you towards the motorhome you have got and why
we are all different just curious:RollEyes:

Last edited:

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have converted a few vans for working away from home and i just wanted something with lots of room and most important was a toilet and shower!
It really didn't matter how posh it was as my demands are very high and i would have to fit my own requirements because most motorhomes don't come close to what i want within my budget!
My electrical needs are abnormal and i find most of the standard motorhome fittings to be gimmicky rubbish built for the consumer!
For the price of a flash motorhome i could fit one out like the space shuttle so i bought a simple engined reliable bus that had the room for me to go to work on!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Mainly we wanted a rear u lounge for chillin out comfort and no bigger than 6mtrs for parking when touring. The Burstner Marano fitted the bill. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
hi in what order do you put things !!you want when buying a motorhome ? is it layout berths
size camper hi top or a rv ? etc..
1 the motor name
2 layout fixed bed or rear u lounge
3 shape and size
4 fuel consumption
5 comfort value
6 budget value
7 price
8 fiat or vw or peogeot or?

basicallydoes it suit you there's always a compromise some where?

what pulled you towards the motorhome you have got and why
we are all different just curious:RollEyes:

1. Quality :thumb:
2, Layout ::bigsmile:
3. Engine, pulling power (HP) :Cool:
4. Mileage :shout:
5. Gearbox, brakes, Tires. (condition) :cry:
6. Finally the Price. :Eeek:

Upvote 0

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Our list went something like this:-
Must have...
4 belted seats
Decent size engine
Nice ambience inside
Somewhere to sit if the bed is made up
Decent kitchen with the oven at a SAFE level, not above my wife's head (she's 5ft tall) - which ruled out one of my favourites - Burstner

Would really like...
Fixed bed OR A Class style pull down bed
Reasonable bathroom
Comfortable lounge area

So we ended up with our Dethleffs Advantage A Class which fits the bill almost perfectly.

John

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi like D/Driver we made our own because we could not find what we wanted layout wise etc.Although we did experiment a bit to see /try what would work in the van for our needs/wants,we settled on our original plans for the van we wanted (with imput from friends trying to alter it)For us it was somwhere to lounge/lay rather than a dinning table (bl--dy uncomfy to sit in/at after you have munched)a decent size bath room full cooker with work surface at each side(one of my pet hates is cooker at the side of a wall)plenty of storage and somthing that does not fall to bits.:ROFLMAO:We saw an old couples van whilst on hols and thought that would suit us great but could not get fitted/into it what we would like hence making our own :ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
1-Van build quality
2-Layout rear fixed bed,forward lounge with swivel cab seats making full use of the van area when parked up.
3-low profile,some of the overhead cabs,can't reach the lockers have to stand on the seats,we are not very tall.
4-2.8 fiat turbo,keep clear of non turbos,nothing beats cc you can do something with it and on the long hillclimbs in France you need it.
5-rear passenger seats belted
6-Garage storage
7-Solar power
8-Sat dish brilliant
9-Bike rack,again a must for France:Doh:

Upvote 0

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We looked at loads of Euro. type vans but could not find the space we wanted, we allways intended to fulltime in it eventually. We "had" to have a fixed double bed, cooker with oven, space to chill when weather is bad/cold and most of the bits you expect in a US van, but the cost was a major issue, so value for money was maybe the main issue. We were undecided between a motorhome or 5th wheel, eventually settling on the motorhome. Then a "cheap" 5th wheel turned up on e bay-------which we now have!! It came with a petrol F 250. We then found a "cheap" Cummins powered Dodge pick-up, and here we are today.
See you at Peterborough,
Pamala & Nigel

Upvote 0

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Trading down from a 33-foot RV and tow car was never going to be easy. After four enjoyable years we decided to go to the other extreme and try a different style of motorhoming but try not to give up too much on the amenities front.

Requirements:
  1. Van conversion (no seals to leak)
  2. Less than 6 metres for easy parking and driving.
  3. 'Fixed' full size double bed that doesn't require making up and stores the bedding.
  4. Fixed table for dining and computering.
  5. Separate shower and vanity from toilet so wiping down was easy.
  6. Able to sit at table or in lounge chairs if one has gone to bed.
  7. Water and waste tanks greater than 100litres for wild camping
  8. Inboard and insulated tanks for winter camping.
  9. Nothing puncturing the roof.
  10. Mercedes based if possible for world-wide service.
  11. Large battery.

We managed all of this and more along with plenty of heated storage and added a DC generator under the van along with a 2000W inverter.
Yep, a whole new type of motorhoming - six months away - 7,300 miles - 70 different stopping places - wild camping as and when the mood took us - and no divorce proceedings pending:winky:
Keith

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back