Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
As a total newbie, can I have advice on what to find in UK and Europe when I come to refill my fresh water tank?
I have bought a pretty blue hose but before I waste money on the tap adapter can anyone suggest which will give me the most universal use? Nothing more frustrating than standing at a tap with noting on the end of your pipe!!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
commonest one is the threaded coupler.

France etc use the same but may be the larger thread....you can buy a threaded one with a second thread adaptor.

$T2eC16N,!yME9s5qF8ZwBRCovbQYP!~~60_35.JPG

a push on type will also be useful if you visit CL's/CS's as the tap may just be a domestic sink tap.

Link Removed

a selection of different types bought over time will not go amiss but those two should see you ok.

Link RemovedLink Removed

Last edited:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I know this is off thread
I know your engine will still be tight and not at its best but what MPG are you getting from your 140BHP T725?

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
commonest one is the threaded coupler.

France etc use the same but may be the larger thread....you can buy a threaded one with a second thread adaptor.

$T2eC16N,!yME9s5qF8ZwBRCovbQYP!~~60_35.JPG

a push on type will also be useful if you visit CL's/CS's as the tap may just be a domestic sink tap.

Link Removed

a selection of different types bought over time will not go amiss but those two should see you ok.

Link RemovedLink Removed

Hey Papa
You got shares in Hoselock?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as an aside.......if the site tap already has a hose fitted DONT USE IT !!!!

its not uncommon to see ignorant folks using these to rinse out toilet cassettes.

unscrew it and fit your own, and if you can, give the tap a wipe/spray with a disinfectant first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I just use a watering can. Got plenty of time when i am in the van and i suppose the exercise does me good.

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
I know this is off thread
I know your engine will still be tight and not at its best but what MPG are you getting from your 140BHP T725?

I'll get back to you on this, Roger and myself have exactly the same van.
Give me a couple of weeks, I'm heading for home next week and am planning some fuel consumption calculations. Heading for the Lakes first week in April then off to London so a few reasonable runs to get a few figures. Never done this properly yet but the machine didn't seem too thirsty last time I was in it...:Smile:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I'll get back to you on this, Roger and myself have exactly the same van.
Give me a couple of weeks, I'm heading for home next week and am planning some fuel consumption calculations. Heading for the Lakes first week in April then off to London so a few reasonable runs to get a few figures. Never done this properly yet but the machine didn't seem too thirsty last time I was in it...:Smile:

Thanks Guys
I want to know because I am looking at getting the T715

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
thats clever gonna have to get one of those!

Without doubt one of the best things I ever purchased no more hose jumping out when you turn away to open the tap and saves holding hose in when the weather is inclement :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Many dealer accessory shops now seem to stock them

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
As a total newbie, can I have advice on what to find in UK and Europe when I come to refill my fresh water tank?
I have bought a pretty blue hose but before I waste money on the tap adapter can anyone suggest which will give me the most universal use? Nothing more frustrating than standing at a tap with noting on the end of your pipe!!!

There are loads of types. Buy every adapter you can see going, especially if it looks really weird and you can't work out what it does. Chances are it will be the only one that works on some odd shaped leftover from the 1950s when you really need it.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
And certain aires we have visited recently have installed brand new equipment and now have push button taps with a square-ish oval-ish sort of nozzle - great.

NOT.

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
steve

can anyone tell me whats best to use to purify my water tank and pipes before i fill it up for the start of the season thanks steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back