When will Spring spring? Will Summer come? (1 Viewer)

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
I was thinking of how great the weather was last year during the Peterborough Show! Almost Rock Concert weather! Will Spring arrive soon? When date do you think will be the earliest we will feel warm sun on our backs? As for summer what are your predictions for this year? For those of you somewhere sunny in Europe I am talking specifically about UK!

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
no spring this year we will go straight into summer (2days of it) then 1 month of autumn then back into winter so head south people way down south :ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
yippee i hate dry holidays last dry holiday i had was becasue i dropped me bottle of beer and had nowt left in the house and was to rat to go out :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
The time to worry is when ya feet start changing to Webb feet to cope:ROFLMAO:it isnt the weather thats wrong its only the clothes you wear Alf,

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
What with all this global warming I very much doubt we will see any summer at all. It's serious stuff :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We were going to stay somewhere in the peaks between Newark and Chester but from the weather report for next week, it's going to be very cold, going down as far as -5 at night. Maybe we'll just go home. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Looks like I struck lucky, I had the first week in February in a cottage near Sidmouth, chilly (but the cottage had a nice log burner), blue skies every day and lambs in the field alongside the cottage, that,s the time to explore the Jurassic coast, bugger all traffic about, park where and when you like:thumb:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Just looked at the BBC Monthly forecast & there are no signs of any marked improvement into the middle of April. I do find the BBC a little pessimistic however & things can just change even if the computer says no. If I remember right & I was only a young un at the time but 1976 had similar weather at this time of year & looked what happened there. :Cool::Cool::Cool:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Predict Summer will arrive

October 10th.(Not sure what year yet):ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
The forecast for Suffolk this weekend was crap, we went anyway and had great bright dry and sunny weekend leaving much rain at home. Took the waterproofs anyway but didn't need them.:thumb: Sea was a bit cold though.:Smile:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Left a site Nr Dawlish on Sunday and the grass looked like a scene from the WW1 trenches:Eeek:

If it`s heavy going at Chester, i will bring a rope just in case :thumb:

If i get bogged in , there will be enough food there to last me until May :roflmto:

OP
OP
RogeTeri

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Summer of '76

I remember that summer, fantastic weather for weeks. Trouble was it was hard to keep cool. Next best summer for me was 2003 ( I think), not as hot but long periods of warm sunny weather. I don't count 1980 to 1986 as I was working in Cyprus and summer lasted 10 months of the year. At any rate I think we are overdue some decent weather. Global warming permitting that is!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Just looked at the BBC Monthly forecast & there are no signs of any marked improvement into the middle of April. I do find the BBC a little pessimistic however & things can just change even if the computer says no. If I remember right & I was only a young un at the time but 1976 had similar weather at this time of year & looked what happened there. :Cool::Cool::Cool:

You're spot on there. In Sussex Summer started around midday on Easter Sunday. We were all wearing heavy coats due to the foul weather, at lunchtime the sun came out and people were flaking out from the heat. It didn't rain until October.:Cool:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
:Cool:We are setting off for Chester in the morning,:Cool:

Via Barmouth, Bettws Y Coed, Llanberis, Holyhead area, Llandudno, Rhyl, ect

:Doh:We are setting off this week as the crap weather this week looks better than the crap weather next week :Doh:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
You're spot on there. In Sussex Summer started around midday on Easter Sunday. We were all wearing heavy coats due to the foul weather, at lunchtime the sun came out and people were flaking out from the heat. It didn't rain until October.:Cool:
I'm quietly confident, we've had a couple of poor summers on the bounce, law of averages says things have to improve so cheer up everyone it can only get better ( a lot better) . :Cool::thumb:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Check out this Site: london-weather.eu it gives a month by month weather breakdown for every year since 1900. See if your recollections are accurate!!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Spring is supposed to start officially in 2 days time. So it said on the news. My daffodils are out in the garden now too .

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Just come back from Bellingham a day early heavy snow forcast, in fact it was snowing on the A68 on the way back, I was happy to sit it out up there but baby sitting duties call. The joys of being Grand parents :winky:

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Well whatever the weather, there's no change to my plans and if we waited for the good stuff it would be a long one...:whatthe:
However, I was on the Argos website last night looking at oil heaters...:ROFLMAO:
Seriously, anyone used those tubular heaters that scew to a wall? Low wattage, various lengths. I was thinking about one for my garage, under the rear bunk. There's places in my budget van where the heat just don't go, yet...:RollEyes:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
spring and summer have been cancel it is going to pi.....s it down for ever :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:so head for the high ground

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
When date do you think will be the earliest we will feel warm

For many of us, say, 2020. As well as the warmth there will be pleasant music, maybe Amazing Grace and the sobbing of our loved ones.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Seriously, anyone used those tubular heaters that scew to a wall?

I used one here in a walk in wardrobe, something fell on it and it melted. I was amazed how hot the surface was. I put a guard over it then replaced it it with a radiator.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I used one here in a walk in wardrobe, something fell on it and it melted. I was amazed how hot the surface was. I put a guard over it then replaced it it with a radiator.
I recently replaced a 500w version in a clothes drying room for the forestry commission.

old one had carrier bags and boot soles melted to it.
carrier bags were so melted they wouldnt even scrape off :whatthe:

guard fitted to new one :thumb:.

we have a 60w one in the downstairs bog at home....completely useless.

OP
OP
RogeTeri

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
From the horses mouth

March
Northern blocking is a term you may have heard a fair bit in recent years, and in March this is something the model is forecasting we'll be seeing again with pressure higher than average to the north of the UK keeping rainfall totals below normal across the northern half of the UK, with low pressure systems often being deflected further south - so parts of England and Wales seeing seeing rain levels closer to, or even above average. Temperatures are widely expected to be colder than the seasonal norm.

April
At the current time, pressure is forecast to be higher than average across much of Europe so a good deal of the UK is expected to be drier than average with just the northwest wetter. Temperatures are widely expected to be close to, or warmer than the seasonal average.

May
As usual, at this range the confidence levels really start to drop away, but at the current time our forecasting model is pointing towards the potential for some very wet weather during May, with temperatures close to average.

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Predict Summer will arrive

October 10th.(Not sure what year yet):ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
YOU GOT IT WRONG OCTOBER THE 10TH. IS THE END OF SUMMER AS I WILL REACH THE GRAND AGE OF 65 ON THAT DATE THIS YEAR IT IS GOING TO BE SUNNY!!! SUNNY!!! SUNNY!! AND FULL OF FUN!!!FUN!!!FUN!!!!ON THAT DATE AS I OFFICIALY BECOME AN OLD GEORDIE GIT.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back