Bloody time wasters! (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We had a viewer for our Van, who agreed the sale and left a deposit. He ask me to delist it on Ebay, and was to transfer the remainder of the balance agreed via bank transfer. Got a call from him saying he no longer wanted the van. What a waste of time, 1/2 day lost and have had to relist the van. Still, he lost his deposit!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Never count yer chickens till the bird in the bush has gathered no moss in time:thumb:
Up the deposit:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Never count yer chickens till the bird in the bush has gathered no moss in time:thumb:
Up the deposit:thumb:

And Just make sure you gave him none of your bank details
I have heard of scams like that.:Sad:
He pays and loses a small deposit
you lose yr bank account.

OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
And Just make sure you gave him none of your bank details
I have heard of scams like that.:Sad:
He pays and loses a small deposit
you lose yr bank account.
No details passed on, I am not that daft:ROFLMAO:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Every time you write out a cheque, you give the recipient all your bank details..............................................

Peter

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I don't get this thing about bank details. Everytime I buy something online, my details are given. If people want to pay me, I give them my bank details. It's the modern and efficient way to make immediate payment. Surely you'll always get cheats and thieves. It's like saying you don't like progress and sweeping the floor rather than hoover.

Ha ha - I was just about to type vaccuum but wasn't sure if it was one 'c' or 2 so I changed it to hoover. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I don't get this thing about bank details. Everytime I buy something online, my details are given. If people want to pay me, I give them my bank details. It's the modern and efficient way to make immediate payment. Surely you'll always get cheats and thieves. It's like saying you don't like progress and sweeping the floor rather than hoover.

Ha ha - I was just about to type vaccuum but wasn't sure if it was one 'c' or 2 so I changed it to hoover. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Could be a ddyyson :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I never used to need spellchecker but my spelling's evaporating, a bit like my vocabulary. I can never find the words to say what I mean and refer to thingys a lot. :roflmto:

Ivy

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I never used to need spellchecker but my spelling's evaporating, a bit like my vocabulary. I can never find the words to say what I mean and refer to thingys a lot. :roflmto:

Ivy

thingy covers most things :ROFLMAO:
but big things need a thingmybob

except for the deposit
i would accept that
as a gift from god :thumb:​

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Ivy

I know just what you mean, due to a loss of grey matter :Eeek:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Well I wouldn't normally, but recently the plumber (£360) and the car mechanic (£270) have said cheques are ok since they have to show something on their books and I've been charged VAT. At least I had a bill from the plumber. It used to be cash and you didn't pay VAT (yes I know I'm a tax cheat or complicit anyway) but now they are earning so much they have to pay VAT. Now, Santander have sent me a new cheque book. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!

Ivy

Welcome to the Club, Ivy. Or did I join yours? :roflmto:

Emailed a friend in Cornwall last night, they will be having a week in Dorset and I wanted to tell her when we used to go the that place near Swanage, we used to go to this other place that has a really nice church, big one. Had to say, no they've deserted me .... fortunately she's also in this club so she understands these things.

So I found Swanage on the map this moring, I found Studland with ease in comparison to Milton Abbas !

We both ditched the statins quite a time since so now we have to accept it's flaming age, and we don't like it, we don't, Mr Mainwaring. :Angry:

PS it's one 'C' Ivy - I know this for an absolute fact - because I had to bloody well look in the dictionary meself for it just last week! :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back