112 Mobile Phone Emergency Number (1 Viewer)

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
Hi Folks,

This may be ancient history to all you good people who keep up with mobile phone technology, but I've just found it and it seems quite a useful piece of information.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPZv_8dABfU"]"Help Me" The Secrets of using 112 on a mobile phone in an emergency/accident - YouTube[/ame]

I did the 'REGISTER' thing and replied directly to the message, rather than on 999. It seemed to work and I got an acknowledge back.

Given that this info is all for emergency use, I hope it is never needed by any Funster.

Happy Travels,
Richard W.

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Sadly it is wrong. In the UK SIM-less emergency calls are not allowed...
and other networks will not pick up your call if you are on a different Operator and they do not have a roaming agreement .... :Sad:

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Richard W

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
Technological Limitations

I find it works really well as long as I keep the string tight between the baked bean tins. I don’t use it in the aeroplane as the string tends to get wrapped around the propeller.

Really high tech at this end…

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Sadly it is wrong. In the UK SIM-less emergency calls are not allowed...
and other networks will not pick up your call if you are on a different Operator and they do not have a roaming agreement .... :Sad:

Cheers

Take the sim card out of your phone and it will display something like 'Emergency calls only'.

If you are able to register a signal with any mast, on any network, you will be able to make an emergency call.

This was true ten years ago when I worked in the mobile phone industry and it's odd that, even now, people don't know about it.

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Take the sim card out of your phone and it will display something like 'Emergency calls only'.

If you are able to register a signal with any mast, on any network, you will be able to make an emergency call.

This was true ten years ago when I worked in the mobile phone industry and it's odd that, even now, people don't know about it.

Maybe you are right - wikipedia says it changed in 2009! Sorry for misleading everyone, see here :RollEyes::

Cheers

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Maybe you are right - wikipedia says it changed in 2009! Sorry for misleading everyone, see here :RollEyes::

Cheers

The confusing issue is that a hoax claimed that a normal mobile phone would connect via a satellite network for an emergency call.

That wouldn't happen, but 112 or 999 will connect via any network that can provide a signal and has done so for a dog's age :Smile:

Oct 2, 2012
Shoreham by sea
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Use it when out kayak fishing if cant get signal with vhf radio {cliffs etc}.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back