Andrew G M

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Abergele
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Trying to expand possibilities in my motorhome search.

Opinions please on the Chausson Suite Relax.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We love our Chausson, I like the Suite concept, Shell hates it!

A Marmite layout, you love it or hate it!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

Andrew G M

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Abergele
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Have been looking hard at the Aspire 265, but came across the 'Relax' last night in my usual nightly search across the net.

Three beds would solve the problem of the kids (16 girl, 15 boy) not ideally sharing a bed, although not sure if the drop down makes the lounge feel a bit dark and claustaphobic.

Island kitchen is unique, if not lacking in work space though.

Is an auto available - not obvious from the website.

Looks like yet another scouting trip required - Telford or Bury I beleive.

Thanks.

Andrew.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Andrew

There are lots of things to consider before parting with your cash.

I suggest the Aspire range will be useless for your intended use. The payloads are pitiful and the water tanks too small for your intended use.

Dont be seduced by the sexy looks of a low profile van. An overcab is a fantastic space multipler and provides more space for you and the kids.

Have you considered a twin single or bunk bed layout? You could use the overcab double, the kids the singles.

Also, buy a 6 berth. It means you can leave the lounge made up for less hassle.

Consider the kit you will carry and when and where you will use your van. Many vans haven't sufficient payload for effectively 4 active adults and their kit. Are you going to take it skiing? You will need effective insulation. DON'T BELIEVE THE SALESMAN OR THE BROCHURES ON THIS POINT! ASK A FUNSTER FOR ADVICE!
L
Lastly, enjoy your search and don't rush into a purchase! There's lots of shows coming up, us these to gain knowledge before rushing in and making a mistake!

OP
OP
A

Andrew G M

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Abergele
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi Andrew

There are lots of things to consider before parting with your cash.

I suggest the Aspire range will be useless for your intended use. The payloads are pitiful and the water tanks too small for your intended use.

Dont be seduced by the sexy looks of a low profile van. An overcab is a fantastic space multipler and provides more space for you and the kids.

Have you considered a twin single or bunk bed layout? You could use the overcab double, the kids the singles.

Also, buy a 6 berth. It means you can leave the lounge made up for less hassle.

Consider the kit you will carry and when and where you will use your van. Many vans haven't sufficient payload for effectively 4 active adults and their kit. Are you going to take it skiing? You will need effective insulation. DON'T BELIEVE THE SALESMAN OR THE BROCHURES ON THIS POINT! ASK A FUNSTER FOR ADVICE!
L
Lastly, enjoy your search and don't rush into a purchase! There's lots of shows coming up, us these to gain knowledge before rushing in and making a mistake!

Hi Jon and Shell

Thanks for your post.

Have to admit, the sexy looks of the Aspire are appealing, but am hearing one or two reports about potential quality issues that have put me off.

I hear what you say about an overcab, but to be honest, I find they make the front of the van really claustraphobic, and I really do not want my 6'2" 14 stone 14 year old son clambering up and down a ladder.

The drop down maybe the answer.

To be honest, the kids are of an age they really do not want to go on holiday with us anymore, but they are still a tad too young to leave at home on their own.

The most sensible thing would be to wait 18 months/2 yrs then SWMBO and myself can MH off into the sunset in a two berth.

Problem is, I have no patience, and want one now !!!

So, a 4/6 berth it has to be.

Thanks again.

Andrew

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Quality s/h A-Class, twin singles (convertible to big double), drop down bed for you!

It would allow kids to travel and, if you are without them, a BIG comfy bed!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Do you your family and your wallet a favour, Leave the aspire alone...

I wouldn't worry too much about the kids, another 12-18 months and they won't want to come with you anyway, at that age it will not be cool.

IMO having two teenagers, the best built family van types are

Adria, good quality for the money.
CI/ (budget but good)
Chaussons are not bad,
The swift escape range is family orientated, my brother in law has one and loves it

As said, if your buying used I would suggest a van with bunks, before you know it you will be changing for a luxury two berth anyway. :Cool:

Good luck with the search :thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I reckon a Bessacar E765P would be option!:winky: