LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I wonder if this may be of interest to those who are looking into becoming a motorhome owner?

Groupon have a deal offering motorhome hire from £199 for 7 night hire. Collect from Southampton, Birmingham, Glasgow or Gatwick. (Excl. Fuel & Gas. /Includes: insurance)

It seems an ideal way of 'giving it a go' without any major investment.

Offer has 7 days to go.

Wyn

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Thats amazingly cheap. Must give it a go.
[HI]Hang on I can use my own for now[/HI]t :Doh:

It's an age thing Gren............you'll get there buddy.........keep taking the Bob Martins :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
A really good deal, and you don't have to oat a second morgage it's much better than the usual rip off merchants .

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Does anyone know what would happen to the £199 if the motorhome company goes bust after they have taken the money from Groupon?

A restaurant local to here sold vouchers via a similar scheme and has now closed it's doors. The voucher company do not refund any money so there are quite a few upset folks.

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
There's an old saying from my back of the woods - "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is"

If anyone is going to take advantage of this offer I would encourage them to read the fine print very carefully and get full details of what is expected of the condition of the MH when it is returned.

For example not emptying and/or cleaning the cassette can incur a hefty surcharge (possibly £50) - as can being late back to the drop off point (£18 per hour)

A deposit is required before you take the vehicle (£1250?) and the Hire company can deduct whatever they feel they can justify before returning any monies to the Hirer.

Local Hire companies charge considerably more than £199 for a weeks hire at any time of the year.

:france::france::france:

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
They do make clear their conditions and don't seem to be trying to con anyone. I think if I was looking to try motorhoming I would be likely to give it a try. Have used offers from Groupon and LivingSocial in the past without any problems.

Have often seen Funsters recommend hiring before buying to those about to enter the market.
Wyn

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well someone I know has taken advantage of the offer, to have a go at it, their first venture - towards the end of May from Southampton depot. Chausson Flash 3 berth.

If they think they will like it, if they ever sell their far too big for 2 people now, really interesting older property, then they will buy a smaller property and a MoHo.

They aren't bothered about it being a bit smaller than what they may actually buy when they do, it's a good exercise in 'if we can enjoy a week in this amount of space in English weather, we certainly could in something a tad bigger/better in warmer climes'. Pretty good value.

So we wait and see with interest !

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
JC. reading that list of penalties I would spend my holiday worrying about what I would be met with on my return.:Eeek:

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Not had reason to look into hiring a moho but I would have assumed most hirers have similar conditions. Are these conditions very different from the norm I wonder.

Wyn

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Not had reason to look into hiring a moho but I would have assumed most hirers have similar conditions. Are these conditions very different from the norm I wonder.
Wyn

One hell of a lot different to mine !

My Cleaning and valeting is under half what they charge for a start.

Peter

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Well someone I know has taken advantage of the offer, to have a go at it, their first venture - towards the end of May from Southampton depot. Chausson Flash 3 berth.

If they think they will like it, if they ever sell their far too big for 2 people now, really interesting older property, then they will buy a smaller property and a MoHo.

They aren't bothered about it being a bit smaller than what they may actually buy when they do, it's a good exercise in 'if we can enjoy a week in this amount of space in English weather, we certainly could in something a tad bigger/better in warmer climes'. Pretty good value.

So we wait and see with interest !

Be careful it excludes easter and they are pretty booked up in may, so people could be buying but not getting the product in return

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Think there conditions are fair enough. I have seen more stringent ones imposed by major car hire companies. Pal of mine had to pay for a new clutch and he only had the car two days. Cost was mouth watering.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
It's OK Gail - they wanted Brum, to 'do' Worcester/ Glos area but nothing available so they got one from Southampton and will 'do' the New Forest etc, there isn't a depot anywhere near where they live anyway and they have looked at a couple of dealers and found you would normally have to pay over £400 for a week, so this suits them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back