Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
hi guys not about norway now its about italy.we are heading in 2 weeks leaving on the 27th of march.heading for cassino then drop down to sorrentto.coming back up drop in to pisa is there a campsite right out side of the leaning tower.then going to be heading towards monaco back up towards the big bridge(forget its name :RollEyes:) so if any won has been to pisa where is the campsite lol cheers guys

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
There is a campsite near to the tower at Pisa, it is about a ten minute walk away and is as near as you can get. I believe the name of the site Is Torre Pendentte, quite expensive if I recall correctly, not ACSI.

Brisey.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Went to Pisa last year but only for the day , it was as far as we went, but on the way back up along the coast road we came accross a field that looked as if it had once been a football field , right accross from the beach and cafes, as we were passing saw loads of vans on there so drew on, no one else on there from uk , thought it was just a car park for the day , but no, on asking around we found you could stay as long as you liked for free.
There was a tap in the centre but that was all, but plenty of facilities accross the road. As we had booked in at Dino Marina we only stayed 2 days but would have been happy to have stayed there longer.
Dont know the name of the place off hand but if you were interested I could find it for you.:Smile:

OP
OP
S

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
bridge i couldent remember

the bridge i couldent remember is the millau bridge :Doh:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
think it was viareggio but quite a bit north along the coast road from there,
Julie would know but she aint here today

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the bridge i couldent remember is the millau bridge :Doh:

Designed in the UK - the French seem to forget this.

Some rambling thoughts on Italy.

The quick way. Calais, Lille, Namur, Luxembourg (fuel), Metz - stop overnight in the middle at the municipal campsite or aire.

Metz, Luzern. Camping International by the lake just passed the motor museum in the town centre.

Luzern - Italy. Head towards Milan and all Italy is at your feet.

Best place to fall in love with Italy, Peschiera del Garda. Camping Butterfly or camping Cappuccino.

Next hop - Florence - Camping Michelangelo - easy walk to town. Incredible city. Too much to see. So easy to overdose on culture.

Then Rome - Camping Tiber - get the train in. Rome is too big really but it's essential to see the Forum and Coliseum. Watch out for pickpockets. Must see just outside Rome is Villa d'Este. The finest water garden of it's age if not all ages. There is an aire/sosta near the river in the town.

After Rome, Naples/Sorrento/Pompeii. We used Camping Nube d'Argento. Right in the middle of Sorrento. Perfect base to see one of the finest tourist traps in the EU.

Never been further south.

Back up.

Slow beautiful coast road or back Rome/Florence.

For a different return, form the Florence road go to Pisa. Camping Torre Pendente. Easy walk to town.

Round the coast to Diana Marino. Big simple campsite on a hillside. Cheap. Easy walk into a lovely seaside town.

Lots of Med ahead. Not a whole lot of sites due to little spare land and big prices for it.

We have camped in Frejus but forget the site.

To get to Millau cut across Aix en Provence, Nimes. A mass of campsites in Millau which is well worth a stop. A French as a town can get. Never been across the bridge but it looks great underneath.

After Millau a long slog north, round Paris and home. Fontainebeau is a surprise. I expected a major palace outside in the country but the town encloses it. Impressive place.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Diana Marino , yes real good nice place and handy for the train that goes all along the coast, we went to Ventamigla market from there cost very little

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
back into France , France Passion all the way

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun