Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have a Gaslow system which is fine ,can't say much more than that, does what it says on the tin ! Which ever one you choose ,shop around you can save upto £30 plus on gaslow cylinders. Google hamilton gas:thumb:

AndyPandy

Free Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
We have a Gaslow system which is fine ,can't say much more than that, does what it says on the tin ! Which ever one you choose ,shop around you can save upto £30 plus on gaslow cylinders. Google hamilton gas:thumb:

+1
Very happy with it and it came with the van
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
What are the pro and cons of each?

Any views gratefully received

Weight.....both about the same...same connections just the alugas being aluminium are lighter,a lot lighter, and most motorhomes struggle with payload...overloading

we have two 11kg Alugas....I don't think there is a much difference in cost now between the two...alugas and gaslow

Mel

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I've Alugas, cylinders considerably lighter than the steel type (Gaslow/Gasit etc) which is a plus if payload an issue, system components cheaper than Gaslow, external filler smaller and more discreet.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We have the Alugas fitted by Dave Newell, chose it because its so light compared to Gaslow and even though we have a massive payload we do get close so every little helps as they say. Apart from the weight don't think theres any difference, whichever you choose make sure you have an outside filler fitted.:thumb:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
We have the Alugas fitted by Dave Newell, chose it because its so light compared to Gaslow and even though we have a massive payload we do get close so every little helps as they say. Apart from the weight don't think theres any difference, whichever you choose make sure you have an outside filler fitted.:thumb:

Likewise.
Funster discount off Dave. He can fit at shows. If at his premises day ticket for blist hills museums saves a few bob and makes a nice day of it.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I was in a local dealers recently and saw numerous Safefill propane bottles for sale at £149 each. They are made of plastic and fibreglass and can hold 11kg of gas. They can be filled up at any filling station according to the leaflet. If I was considering going off my Calor Lite bottles then I would go for 2 of them. They would be far lighter than the gaslow bottles and could be filled up abroad using the continental adaptors. For further info tel 01782 414526.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I don't think the difference in weight is too much to get excited about. The saving per cylinder is approx 5kg.........roughly equal to 6 litres of diesel.

If weight is really a major issue you could carry a little less fuel, or less food, or simply lose 5kg of body weight :whatthe:

It's not high on my list of things to worry about. (you did ask :winky:)

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I should check out the safefill site as there our very few outlets who allow you to fill up these bottles, certainly non of the autogas sites will allow this and they are the bulk of the petrol station providers .I believe they are also a bit of a no no abroad as well but I'm sure others might have a bit more knowledge on this one.Check out the autogas web site ,a of couple of videos on there explaining filling
Geoff

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We have gasit system self fitted in less than hour. Identical to gaslow but cylinders are red not yellow and at least 25% cheaper. Worth a look at www.gasit.co.uk
:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Stay on here long enough and you see the same questions coming round ::bigsmile:

Jan to March isn't very long.

New people ask questions and find answers on Fun.

I don't think anyone minds if similar questions have been asked before... do they?

JJ :Cool:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp

I don't think anyone minds if similar questions have been asked before... do they?

I hope so I joined this group due to simple facts
Like minded people with a passion for motorhomes and travel
And wildly different opinions and ideas some good funny or just plain daft
Or was I mistaken

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Not me! Have just bought one from Hamilton's

Sorry post was a reply to an earlier question posted.

I had a 11kg gasit, filler point, filler hose, pigtail hose, plus leak test delivered for £180 which when i bought was the cheapest on the net. May not be now.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Very harsh I have learnt more usefull things on this group in 1 month than in last 2 years researching on net
And some daft things as well

The daft things are the cream on top!

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years

No objections from me. It's just funny how we ALL have similar questions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back