Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I am in shock, a local farmer with his tractor crossed the white line and smashed my offside wing mirror on my Le Voyageur M/H.
The dealer has quoted me £1350 (one thousand three hundred and fifty pounds)plus fitting to replace it ,ok it is a non fault insurance claim but if I ever have to replace one at my own cost where could I find one cheaper .
This must be the most expensive piece of glass and plastic ever !

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Why are you paying.......... Why not claim of the farmer if he was over the white line.. ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Why are you paying.......... Why not claim of the farmer if he was over the white line.. ?

I am in shock, a local farmer with his tractor crossed the white line and smashed my offside wing mirror on my Le Voyageur M/H.
The dealer has quoted me £1350 (one thousand three hundred and fifty pounds)plus fitting to replace it ,ok it is a non fault insurance claim but if I ever have to replace one at my own cost where could I find one cheaper .
This must be the most expensive piece of glass and plastic ever !

those little pills arent helping you see any better Mo :roflmto:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am in shock

Piece of advice, whether you like it or not down a few double vodkas before you ever consider getting a price for a windscreen.

A headlamp could damage your health too.

The deep joy of owning A-Class.

OP
OP
J

Jersey joe

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Can anybody out there giv e me any justification why this wing mirror is so expensive !

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Is the mirror a total write-off ?

Given time and some expense could it be repaired ?

Just thinking you could keep it just in case you damage the new one yourself:thumb:

OP
OP
J

Jersey joe

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
My thoughts entirely,will be keeping the old one and making a mould and make myself a fortune !

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Can anybody out there giv e me any justification why this wing mirror is so expensive !

Sounds like Hymer headlamps, although made by Hella, they are made specifically for Hymer, they have the rights to them and charge a premium for replacements :Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sounds like Hymer headlamps, although made by Hella, they are made specifically for Hymer, they have the rights to them and charge a premium for replacements :Eeek:
and of course there are two other words involved.....

HYMER and MOTORHOME......both words command a premium and inflated price tag no matter what the part.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Dont the older hymers have the headlamps from the original vehicle, ie, Mercedes, Fiat, Talbot.

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now

Could be because it includes the fitting of them and its being paid for by the insurance company so the garage charge top whack?

jeepmadmike

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years

The Germans are very good at this, parts that are universal suddenly have a OE part number and price to match.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back