Window delamination - how do you tell? (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
For a while now the opaque plastic window in the washroom has been collecting water between the panes. This is not the tiny amount of misting that occasionally appears in some of the other clear windows and then disappears with warmth. There is maybe 1cm of water in the bottom of the window - you can see it slosh around when you open it! When I mentioned it to the dealer's fitter he said try removing the little plastic plugs to let it evaporate. Those little plastic plugs have since been in and out like a fiddler's elbow with no noticeable improvement. I make sure they're in place when using the shower and overnight, then remove them during the day.

I've been reading online about issues with PolyPlastic windows delaminating and letting water collect. My van's windows have Para Design written on them not PolyPlastic. So my question is: how do I actually tell if the window is delaminating? Is it obvious or not detectable by the naked eye? Van is still under warranty so I would like to get this issue sorted without being fobbed off by the dealer .......

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Well, seeing as no-one seems to know I've worked it out for myself. :Smile:

Although I can't see a gap between the two panes, one section on one side feels slightly rough to the touch and I can insert a narrow strip of very thin card into the window at this point. So that's where the damp air is getting in - and it is delamination. Will be contacting the dealer on Monday.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well, seeing as no-one seems to know I've worked it out for myself. :Smile:

Although I can't see a gap between the two panes, one section on one side feels slightly rough to the touch and I can insert a narrow strip of very thin card into the window at this point. So that's where the damp air is getting in - and it is delamination. Will be contacting the dealer on Monday.

:thumb:Good on ya, Maz. Who needs men? :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well done you :thumb: the mere fact that water was in between the plastic shoud be enough evidence of delamination :Smile: Sorry I did not see or pick up on your post ::bigsmile:
Terry

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Well done you :thumb: the mere fact that water was in between the plastic shoud be enough evidence of delamination :Smile: Sorry I did not see or pick up on your post ::bigsmile:
Terry

That's ok, Terry - I'll let you off. We know you have your uses. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back