Fiat Ducato 130 Multijet No Engine Cover (1 Viewer)

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
Hi Guys...first post and its on behalf of my Dad.

The engine on his Fiat Ducato 130 Multijet doesn't have an engine cover and there has been water dripping on to the engine. He has tried finding the leak and repair using sealant etc but still finds water sitting on the engine after rain. I have Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD and mine has a cover!

If any one can shed any light on why the multijet doesn't have one or where one can be sourced I would be grateful.

Thanks

Steve

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Guys...first post and its on behalf of my Dad.

The engine on his Fiat Ducato 130 Multijet doesn't have an engine cover and there has been water dripping on to the engine. He has tried finding the leak and repair using sealant etc but still finds water sitting on the engine after rain. I have Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD and mine has a cover!

If any one can shed any light on why the multijet doesn't have one or where one can be sourced I would be grateful.

Thanks

Steve

This is/was a fault that the early 2007 130 multijet fiat models had water from the windscreen draining onto the engine and rusting the head bolts.....2008 and after it was modified...if your wheel fiat badge is red then that should be of the later fiats....if they are blue they would be of the early models with the problem...This is what our French dealership told us when we purchased our late 2008 Fiat 130 muljet McLouis ..they said this was a way to see at a glance :Doh: if it had the modification done.....the red badge... the Motorhome we have now..which is still the 130 2.3 multijet but on a "A" class motorhome.....

Last edited:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
My Peugeot Boxer 2.2 Hdi, basically the same as the Fiat Ducato, was first registered in June 2009. (09).

When I bought it at 18 months old it had no cover, this was in mid winter. In the first week I had an alternator belt snap. I think it was due to water getting in and freezing so the belt snapped on starting the engine. The belt always squealed when starting if it had been raining.
Anyhow I took it to our local Peugeot main dealer as I found out it was a common problem.

They modified the scuttles, put an engine cover on as well as a cover for the drive belts. All free of charge. :thumb:

It was not a recall issue but it was done under what Peugeot call an "Info Flash".....
Read this old Fun thread for more info on this and other issues.....

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve101uk

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
Hi,

yes it is a 2007 model. Dads pulling his hair out as the dealer cant find an engine cover and he is concerned about the possible damage to the engine bolts etc. has anyone managed to solve this problem in the past?

cheers

Steve

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi,

yes it is a 2007 model. Dads pulling his hair out as the dealer cant find an engine cover and he is concerned about the possible damage to the engine bolts etc. has anyone managed to solve this problem in the past?

cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, see post directly above your last.....:Smile:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
engine cover

You can buy a cover for the engine, we bought one for ours from a fiat commercial dealer, also look at the drain hole in the passenger side window scuttle, it does have a small drain hole which clogs up very easily, we drilled ours out and fitted a pipe to drain under the engine rather than have the water drain into the engine bay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back