I'm going to ask this then run away from the laughing (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
*cough*

Having recently discovered the "ON" button on my CAMOS control box, I see next to it that I can access the Sirius, Hispasat, Hotbird ,and AB3 (Atlantic Bird I presume) satellites as well as the good old Astras.

Having never had satellite before (no , not even at home), would someone please advise me where to find info on what is available on these satellites, and how to find out specific channel info so that I can add them into the "other channels" section of my SKY digibox please? (if indeed that's what you do)

Any other answers to questions I didn't know I had to ask gratefully received.

Thanks,
Papa

I'm going to log-off now to avoid hearing the laughter....:Sad:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Probably Wrong, but it is my understanding that a sky digi box is only programmed for Sky, therefore other Satellite cannot be fixxed onto.

Don

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Gonewiththewind is right. You can't add the other satellites to the other channels on the digibox.
I've an Oyster which I can access the channel list (over 1000!) from it's own remote control. When you select a station the dish is realigned automatically. Some (actually loads) are scrambled and need a decoder. I'd of thought the Camos had a similar system.

Regards
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I think that in order to receive the other satellites you need a non-specific box such as the Dreambox from Snellyvision
http://*************************
:ROFLMAO::roflmto:::bigsmile: Here are the laughs if you wanted them!

As the site address has been censored google the name!!!!

Last edited:

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
sorry lads but you can add a limited amount of channels from other satellites onto a sky reciever, but you do need the frequency's etc and yes it is much easier to get a free to view box, lots of dealers sell them, I usually get the 12v one from Maplins as it is only 50 quid is the same / simular to the maxview and you won't pay the mark up from a dealer for the same product.

If you want to connect your sky box in line I would recomend the zender 65 from road pro

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Second Adventure, I have the 12 Volt Maplin Jobbie it's picks loads of different sats up no prob:thumb:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
sorry lads but you can add a limited amount of channels from other satellites onto a sky reciever, but you do need the frequency's etc and yes it is much easier to get a free to view box, lots of dealers sell them, I usually get the 12v one from Maplins as it is only 50 quid is the same / simular to the maxview and you won't pay the mark up from a dealer for the same product.

That's really interesting, didn't know that. Wouldn't you have to re-align the dish to the other satellite first though?

Regards
Doug

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
yes you would have to reset the dish to each satellite although you would get astra 2 and eurobird on the same position, this is obviously easier with an automatic dish

nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back