Warning triangles (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
After spending 14 years out of the UK I am now back and getting my van VOSA tested to conform to UK regs, can anyone tell me if it is a legal requirement to have a Warning Triangle in your vehicle? as it is on the continent.
Thankyou in advance for your replies
Bill :Cool:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Not a legal requirement in the UK... (At the moment..:winky:)

But a good safety factor to carry with you anyway...

For what they cost and space they take a good added extra to give you that safety aspect in case of a breakdown.. :thumb:

OP
OP
frogijock
Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Not a legal requirement in the UK... (At the moment..:winky:)

But a good safety factor to carry with you anyway...

For what they cost and space they take a good added extra to give you that safety aspect in case of a breakdown.. :thumb:

Thanks Mo already have a couple just taking van to VOSA on Friday and was wondering if they were compulsory in uk as then I would need them in the van for the test (VOSA state van has to be totally empty) but will now leave them at home
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
After spending 14 years out of the UK I am now back and getting my van VOSA tested to conform to UK regs, can anyone tell me if it is a legal requirement to have a Warning Triangle in your vehicle? as it is on the continent.
Thankyou in advance for your replies
Bill :Cool:

No, but I always carry two and I've been pretty grateful for them. I once had to change a wheel with my legs sticking out into an A-road. The triangles were good for making the road narrower so that people weren't trying to squeeze past.

The other time, I broke down on Chideock Hill on the bend and needed two to force traffic out of the crawler lane before they hit the RV just round the corner. Eventually someone even drove into one and smashed it to pieces, but I just wrapped the remains in a spare hi-vis jacket.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back