Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just filling the van to go away and the boiler is dumping the water as fast as its pumping in. Drained down after skiing as normal so don't get it. On the side of the boiler near the top is a red pipe which has a clear pipe attached which goes thro the floor by the wheel arch, it looks like an overflow (attached a pic). With the boiler on or off the water is gong thro this pipe and out throb the outlet.
Anyone help please

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 82

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The grey piece is a non return valve whose job is to allow air into the boiler when draining. Sometimes they seem to disintegrate and the valve parts will vanish leaving the situation you are encountering. A new valve is not expensive but check you get the correct one, two types:

One with a twelve mm John Guest push in fitting for thr hot water pipe.
One with a barbed spigot to allow flexible hose to go over it and secured with jubilee clip.

D.

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The grey piece is a non return valve whose job is to allow air into the boiler when draining. Sometimes they seem to disintegrate and the valve parts will vanish leaving the situation you are encountering. A new valve is not expensive but check you get the correct one, two types:

One with a twelve mm John Guest push in fitting for thr hot water pipe.
One with a barbed spigot to allow flexible hose to go over it and secured with jubilee clip.

Looking at the picture yours is the second type.

By the way it is a TRUMA not a TRAUMA heater.:winky:
D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks Dave I was gonna ring you but thought it was a bit late. Looks like mine is the second one red pipe one side push on clear pipe the other. Where is the best place to get one?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I know we have them for the ultrastore but not the C series. Best bet is to check the Truma website for your nearest dealer. Leisureshopdirect is generally pretty good. Failing that give us a call and we can get them but it will take a couple of days.

D.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks Dave got one from Leisureshopdirect:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Bloody German tat,,,

You wanna get ya self a decent Brit van :winky:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Which will almost certainly have a Truma heater in it!:winky:

D.

I thought a man of your experience would know better Dave :winky:

We all know that the German fitted truma heater is far different to the Brit one... One is installed by the professional superior swift engineers, the other by the struggling German engineers,,,

And we all know what a superior build quality those Brits produce don't we :reel: :whistle:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Don't think I've ever seen those three words together in a sentence, professional, superior, swift!:ROFLMAO:

D.

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
He finds it easier to fit a 10p valve than a £2000 door.

For god sake Brian, for one so intelligent you just can not see the bigger picture can you.

Firstly, my door only chose to open and fail in France, yes France. It chose to do so in a town area of France namely Annecy. It "nearly" knocked out a couple of French people walking on the street.

I think this is British engineering at it's best. Not only were Swift able to predict that the door would fail, they could even predict that the Motorhome would be in a town area of France at that time. I susspect it was probably built in to the failure mechanism to actually recognise this.

Potentially, Swift have been developing a secret weapon to be utilsed should we ever find ourselves at war with our Garlic eating friendly neighbours over the state of Europe.

I of course know this, however, When I telephoned Swift to complain about this potential motorhome fault, they denied it could ever happen. :RollEyes:

Evidently they are protecting their weapons system design team. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
For god sake Brian, for one so intelligent you just can not see the bigger picture can you.

I can't believe I did not realise this. How thick can I be.

And the holes in the floor, so obvious now, you can hook a crafty kick at some unsuspecting French person and they'll never realise what happened. French person on floor "Merde, I 'ad ze legs kicked from under me but I cannot see a foot.".

And the collapsing beds, it's so you can Invite a Frog. So you sit at your end and wait then "Merde oh I am so sorry, I have destroyed your bed, I will kill myself.".

I got there in the end, thank you for you kind assistance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back