motorhome warranties (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
How long is too long to wait for warrenty work to be completed. Our motorhome failed on the damp test in mid november and we still have't got a date for the work to be done but whilst waiting the damp is spreading to other areas that the origianl job hasn't covered......please can someone help:Angry:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The same thing happened to us courtesy of Elddis and our local dealer.

I would find out where the water is coming in and get some sealant applied. You might be waiting a while. Diagnosis to 'completion' of the work was about 7 months!:Eeek:

We had just 2 of the 5 required damp-affected interior panels changed under their 'warranty'.

Once the work was 'completed', the van still leaked and I had to sort it out myself anyway!:Angry:

Total crap!

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The van should have been booked in immediately for the work to be carried out, especially if it was claimed for in the winter.

Do you have an agreed estimate for the work from the warranty company or are you being given the run round?

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

Nobody

Deleted User
Hi Peter, yes it was reported immediatley toElddis by me and also to the maindealer. the maindealer said things would slow down due to Christmas. I do feel I am getting the run around. Every time I call the dealer there had been a problem between them and elddis. They said 2 weeks ago they were waiting for the parts before they book the job for repair. I am still waiting

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If it is a new van and under manufacturers warranty you should not have a problem but the dealer by now should have it sorted providing their workshop technicians have the skills and facilities to carry out the repairs

Peter

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Hi Peter, yes it was reported immediatley toElddis by me and also to the maindealer. the maindealer said things would slow down due to Christmas. I do feel I am getting the run around. Every time I call the dealer there had been a problem between them and elddis. They said 2 weeks ago they were waiting for the parts before they book the job for repair. I am still waiting

Take a stand in protest approach ::bigsmile:

Book the work in with a private repairer, give the dealers the bill and a writ for inconvenience and distress caused :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back