Minimum Kit required? (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Ok - we changed our two berth to a 6 berth Motorhome yesterday and had fun changing over (lots of muttering "where did all this come from"). We are about to go out and declutter the Motorhome and thought I would ask - what is the minimum kit people need on the Motorhome.

For Instance:-
EHU cable (not sure how I have ended up with 3!)
Adaptors (now have 2 English)
Watering Can (in lieu of the bag of hoses and connectors which I have never used)
Levellers (why do I have 2 sets when I have only ever used 1?)

Just wondered what others have on board as necessities?:Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
That is one reason I have vowed never to change motorhomes again :Eeek:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Ok - we changed our two berth to a 6 berth Motorhome yesterday
When I first read this I thought you had somehow managed to find space for four more berths in your old motorhome :Doh:

I think I understand now:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
When I emptied out our Hymer it was scary :Eeek:
There was so much 'stuff' packed away in there that I never used

I never checked the weight but it had to have been over the max with all that 'stuff on board
Now we have changed to a PCV we have a lot less storage space, but in some ways this is to the good as it stops me piling in 'stuff' that I will never use.

:thumb:Happy Funster Daze Ahead:thumb:

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Well - all sorted out now. storage packed to the gunnels with essential kit - Table and Chairs, 1 EHU Cable and French Adaptor, 1 Pair Levellers, Watering Can, BBQ, Umberellas.
Just sitting having a celebrationary cup of coffee and I have spotted the pile of stuff we took off the old motorhome to make changing over easier!

Last edited:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
When we changed from a 2 berth to a 4 berth we had stacks of room left all seemed to have filled up since, we were amazed what was in the old van though.
I am trying to downsize shortly so slowly getting rid of a lot of stuff.
We keep stuff saying, that might come handy pity to throw it,in we are as bad as when we had a house, the garage was a nightmare to clear.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
That is one reason I have vowed never to change motorhomes again :Eeek:
you make that vow every two years, hee hee

well the clutter is daft, loads of tools, I even have 3 x hookup cables and only ever used them at Shepton to provide light to the marquee
2 x inverters, 2 x battery chargers, jump leads etc tow rope, loads of books umpteen atleses a months food, huge stack of DVD's and CD's chargers for everything spares for everything its daft. Even half a dozen board games, 2 tables 3 chairs yet we only sit outside at a show or rally. Fishing rods, wind breaks (again only used at a rally) even a kite that has never been out of the bag, came with the van.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
When I emptied out our Hymer it was scary...............
Now we have changed to a PCV

But your profile still say Hymer :whatthe: (sorry, someone had to say it :Blush: ) :Smile:

Err, did you mean PVC ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
The weather being a little kinder here than it has been, I spent a couple of happy hours pottering around in Hexie this morning. Had a bit of a tidy up, but what do you keep all your 'stuff' in when it's inboard?

So far I've found a spare 220 volt to blue plug, numerous cigarette lighter chargers, curtain hooks, tools, gaffer tape, electrical bits and bobs. They are all loose and stuffed here there and everywhere - ........

Even got a red bauble of the Christmas tree!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We (should say I) carry loads of stuff I don't ever want to use ::bigsmile:We have a built in air compressor for air suspension yet I carry a 12v one and a bigger briefcase size 240v one :Doh:then theres a tyre plug thingy and a can of the instant repair stuff.:Doh:Always check tyre pressures before setting off from home ::bigsmile:Always carry a set of sockets and a big cracking bar but only realy need the one socket to fit the wheel nuts ::bigsmile:All-sorts of tools inc a battery drill,grinder,jigsaw and torch kit.Silicon gun and gaffer tape :Smile:
I had better stop there or I may find myself clearing the van out ::bigsmile::winky:
terry

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Emptied my Symphony last week to sell it. Neighbours just could not believe what i took out. Filled every bit of available space i had. Need to buy another van to put it all back so that we have some space in the flat. Busby.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
If you intend going abroad I would put the EHU cables back in. We have been on. sites where you needed at least 2 cables and some folks even needed 3.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We emptied our van this weekend ready to swap it.

Our new one is bigger but has less payload.

It's just as well:Doh:

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Just back from the weighbridge - 3300kg with just the two of us and no water - so its SV Tech to upgrade the weight or only very skinny passengers can be carried! How do these hire companies manage to use the same Motorhomes and stay legal?

I will probably put one of the spare EHU cables back when we go to France as you say TheTwoOfUs as I have been to Aires where I needed the extension although we will be camping it up in July as we will have our grandaughter with us.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we downsized from our Rimor Sailer 645TC 7.14m MH to a Chausson Flash 04 5.99m MH I removed some bits and pieces but as the Chausson still had loads of storage space and a massive payload I didn't need to worry.

When we then changed to our current Autocruise Accent PVC last year which is still 5.99m but about 20cm narrower, I had a good turf out of all the stuff we carry around but rarely, if ever, use. I still managed to get in everything we needed, including 2 x inflatable canoes and all the kit (proper ones not 'paddling pools'!), 2 x folding 20" wheeled bikes and loads of other stuff too. It still has loads of space left in it but I'm resisting the temptation to put anything I've already slung out back in though so that it leaves lots of space for any goodies we buy whilst away! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back